The Body Shop - Not bad overall, could’ve been better! | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Not bad overall, could’ve been better!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littlehampton, England

I worked at The Body Shop full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good teamwork in some areas, decent holiday allowance and flexibility. Volunteering and the Foundation charity.

Cons

Lots of managerial incompetence. Many managers seemed to spend more time and energy on trying to appear competent than the energy it would’ve taken to do their job properly! Jobs pour les garçons! The best opportunities seemed to go to imports from L’Oréal, some were worthy many were not very good and simply using their positions as stepping stones.

Advice to Management

Emailing people from home on a Sunday night is pointless and fools no one, come in motivated and ready to lead and to listen during core hours. Don’t lose sight of the principles behind the origins of the business.

The Body Shop2019-05-04
  1. "An absolutely wonderful, passion driven force to work for."

Current Employee - Key Holder
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Body Shop part-time for more than a year

Pros

Really great team, The Body Shop is a constant source of motivation for me to stand up for the things that I believe in without fear, and allowed me to be my full vibrant self!

Cons

The pay could be better, definitely, and the particular location I work at is super slow so there are a lot of times where I had to find creative ways to keep myself busy.

Advice to Management

I wish store managers were more present.

The Body Shop2019-06-24
  2. "Enjoyable place to work"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Body Shop full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing product! Excellent discount! Fun work environment! Great ethics and values!

Cons

No job security, no opportunity for growth, stores shutting down left and right, you also work alone most of the time because payroll is tight. Workload is not bad except for holiday when you’re given more gift sets then you know what to do with.

The Body Shop2019-05-28

Discover more reviews about The Body Shop.