The I-Grace Company - My short experience with I-Grace | Glassdoor.co.uk

There are newer employer reviews for The I-Grace Company

"My short experience with I-Grace"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Pros

Personally, I had a very pleasurable experience working at the I-Grace Company, though it was for a short time. My supervisor was highly understanding, firm and informative all while making my time there very enjoyable.

Cons

While my personal experience was wonderful, I can say that there was a very high turnover rate for other positions. The company is fast pace and at times placed high demands upon their employees, leaving them overwhelmed and literally in tears at times.

Advice to Management

Management should be able to communicate issues and/or concerns and follow them through rather than leaving some employees to fall on their face.

Other Employee Reviews for The I-Grace Company

"great fun"

Former Contractor - Systems Analyst in Ipswich, WI (US)
    Former Contractor - Systems Analyst in Ipswich, WI (US)

I worked at The I-Grace Company as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

feel like family with oprn door policy

Cons

slow promotion because of small staff

Advice to Management

give stock options

2. "Mom & Pop Mentality Hurts Them"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I worked at The I-Grace Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incentive program for employee referrals and for bringing in new business.

Cons

The owner of the company is far too involved in the small details of the day-to-day operations of the business. There is no trust in the staff that they know what they are doing and letting do their jobs. Extreme sense of paranoia throughout the organization starting at the top. No documentation of policies and procedures, this leaves new hires wandering around lost as to how things are done at the firm. No direction or training on simple processes. No employer match on the 401K. An archaic sense that the later you sit at your desk the more productive you must be. In other words, if the owner sees you in the office at 7:00 pm that's good. If you walk out the door at 5:30 pm that's viewed as lazy. Extremely high turn-over rate of staff.
    The owner is still trying to run the firm using a hands-on, small business format. This is no longer viable for this firm as they are no longer considered "small".

Advice to Management

Let people do their jobs and show a little trust in them. After all, you hired them because you believe that they know what they're doing. Stop micro-managing, it is counter-productive and unnecessary.