Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great first steps into environmental science communication

Feb 4, 2020 - Publications Officer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Responsibility from day one with loads of opportunities to make the job your own. A small but focused team who were always willing to lend a hand or guide you through tasks if you need assistance. Support from staff, board members and members of the organisation. Great workplace atmosphere in the office and through the Council. You are able to be creative within the role as well as develop key professional skills. Opportunities to work outside your role and learn about other aspects of the organisation. I made some really close friends here and I only left the role as I was moving away.

Cons

Career progression opportunities are there but perhaps not as accessible or varied as in larger organisations. The nature of the work means you often work in peaks and troughs of workload.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A lovely place to work

Mar 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A close knit friendly team who work hard and are passionate about what they do.

Cons

none that I can think of

2. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

A positive learning experience within the Environmental Sector

Feb 27, 2020 - Events Assistant in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was a friendly and interesting environment to work in. The events that were executed throughout my internship were well organise and engaging to Institution members and to members of the public as well. It is a truly rewarding place to work, and the office is located near multiple train stations so is easily accessible via public transport.

Cons

As it is a small organisation, there is limited career progression for individuals within long-term roles.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about The Institution of Environmental Sciences.