Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A form of mental disintegration by two directors

May 7, 2018 - IT Help Desk Technician in Leeds, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

This could be a great company. They’ve a brilliant niche in a market without massive competition. Plenty of opportunity for exposure to a number of areas of the business. Also some genuinely great people work there too. Certainly an eye opener if you do not like the corporate environment.

Cons

Family run business that the directors have built up from scratch. The directors knowledge about the product is seconds to none. Their people management skills leave a lot to be desired. Hence, turnover is huge for a small company. Colleagues are frequently lambasted by the directors via a collaborative messaging system (Slack) in a group channel for everyone to see. It’s pretty impressive to see the Monday morning optimism, hoping for a good week, turned into sheer dread of what the other four days will entail. It is expected that employees start earlier and finish well after their contracted hours. Staff need not expect paying for such additional hours though. The rationale is that staff in other companies do this. Fair point but the environment between other companies and this place is night and day in comparison.

Continue reading
    5 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

IT Helpdesk Techician

Oct 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great growing business in a competitive market. I previously worked at the company for over 3 years and received full support from the directors and staff in that time, near the end of my time there i suffered mental health issues and other personal issues and the directors were great enough to support me through all of this, i left to try other work and did not leave on the best of terms which i regret all of the time due to the respect i gained from the directors in my 3 years. However after a year of leaving i came back to offer assistance with a project which the Directors graciously accepted and then after a week offered me a position back in the company. Upon my return after a year away i have noticed the company has grown larger and has progressed much more since my time there and i can say that this is a wonderful company to work for. I am constantly happy and excited to see what each new day brings and hope i can put in the time to help improve what needs improvement to progress us further. The company is still growing and progressing to do better and i am happy to be on this exciting journey again ready to see how much further we shall progress and go in the next few years. I cannot recommend this company highly enough to potential new recruits provided you are ready to put the work in and arrive with a positive attitude and not spend the hours slacking off or dossing about we do not need this in such a professional environment.

Cons

I can see no faults with this company, i thoroughly enjoy my time here.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Strategic Account Manager

Oct 16, 2018 - Strategic Account Manager in Leeds, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Pricing People offer fantastic opportunities for hard working individuals. I have been with the company over 7 years, with the exception of 1 year which I took out to explore running my own business. (not as easy as you might think may I add) The Directors were sad to see me leave as we had a very good relationship and a lot of time invested from us all. They did not hold any grudges, Infact they welcomed me back and made me feel instantly at home. The directors have had my back on numerous occasions in both my professional and personal life and I am sure they have done the same for other colleagues both present and past. I have had several jobs during the early days of my sales career and I can tell anybody who has the passion and desire to be successful that The Pricing People will do everything in their power to help you continuously better yourself and your career. For the right people, with the right attitude there are many fantastic opportunities to join an exciting company and quickly progress to senior positions. If you want to know more about The Pricing People then I would be more than happy to talk to you!

Cons

I personally have no negative comments, but that’s just my opinion.

2 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about The Pricing People.