1. "UNC Chapel Hill"

4.0
    Postdoctoral Fellow in Chapel Hill, NC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The University of North Carolina System

Pros

This is a beautiful campus, with lots of nice people. The surrounding town of Chapel Hill is a nice place, and it is also accessible from Durham by bus.

Cons

As a postdoctoral fellow at a university, much of the experience is determined by the lab I am in rather than at the level of the university. Parking is an issue. The little parking that is available on campus is expensive and often distant. I take the bus from Durham, which is a pleasant ride, during which I can read or enjoy the scenery, but on the rare occasion when I need to drive in, my parking options are not good.

Continue reading
  1. "Best Place On The Face of the Planet"

5.0
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at The University of North Carolina System for more than 5 years

Pros

Beautiful campus, committed staff and faculty, and absolutely wonderful place to live, work, and grow. Can't recommend highly enough.

Cons

Very few if any cons.

2. "Meh - it's so-so"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at The University of North Carolina System full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunities to participate in your work community if your boss lets you participate

Cons

Your experience here is completely dictated by what boss you have. If you work in an office where your boss doesn't like to let you participate in things, you will feel isolated and enjoy working there much less. In addition, cost of health insurance for a family is extremely expensive, and doesn't cover that much! The salary also isn't that great.

Discover more reviews about The University of North Carolina System.