The University of North Carolina System - UNC Chapel Hill | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "UNC Chapel Hill"

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in Chapel Hill, NC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The University of North Carolina System

Pros

This is a beautiful campus, with lots of nice people. The surrounding town of Chapel Hill is a nice place, and it is also accessible from Durham by bus.

Cons

As a postdoctoral fellow at a university, much of the experience is determined by the lab I am in rather than at the level of the university. Parking is an issue. The little parking that is available on campus is expensive and often distant. I take the bus from Durham, which is a pleasant ride, during which I can read or enjoy the scenery, but on the rare occasion when I need to drive in, my parking options are not...

Advice to Management

As a postdoctoral fellow in the School of Medicine, I could do without the regular emails from the University president and others about how the university is working with this or that community to address the latest issue that has to do with an athletic scandal or is only relevant to undergraduates. This is a minor complaint. Certainly not affecting my work.

The University of North Carolina System2015-05-21
  1. "Grader"

I worked at The University of North Carolina System part-time

Pros

Nice, friendly, and helpful collegues

Cons

pay is not too great

The University of North Carolina System2017-11-08
  2. "Curatorial Intern"

I worked at The University of North Carolina System

Pros

people are friendly and shifts are flexible

Cons

Using the intern as volunteers. Do not care much about their development but simply give them the most mundane stuff that no regular stuff would like to do.

Advice to Management

please consider the academic/professional development as an element when design the internship program

The University of North Carolina System2015-11-12

Discover more reviews about The University of North Carolina System.