Thomas Sanderson - Loved this company | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Loved this company"

Former Employee - SALES DESIGNER in Sandbach, England
Former Employee - SALES DESIGNER in Sandbach, England

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fabulous Training and support, regular meetings, amazing incentives and really generous commission structure. Products easy to sell as they are the best I have ever seen and my customers loved them

Cons

I didn't want to leave but personal circumstances said I had too. I know the door is open and cannot wait to go back : )

Other Employee Reviews for Thomas Sanderson

"Not what you're told in training."

Current Employee - SALES DESIGNER in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - SALES DESIGNER in Manchester, England

I have been working at Thomas Sanderson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of free time (too much), if you get a lucky sale from a customer with money to burn you'll get a decent wedge from it. Training bonus for 7 weeks is rather good, but believe me you'll need this and you'll panic after week 7.

Cons

Unsociable hours, hardly any appointments, overpriced products which 95% of people cannot afford, you will be embarrassed every single time you present a price to the customer. You are told you'll get 10-15 appointments per week, I'm lucky to get 4, some weeks I've had 1 or 2 and my diary is completely open 7 days a week all 3 slots, product is hard to sell as is way beyond what other companies charge and you have to discount so much that you'll end up with nothing, to get your RPA monthly bonus you need to have had 20 appointments in the month, only one of my training colleagues managed this. Lots of wasted time with terrible appointments. Unless you have a very well thought out own business plan it will be a waste of your time, and remember you're selling £1000's of products so own business is not easy to generate for anyone. You have to attend regular meetings which could be well over an hour away. Very high turnover of staff (there's reasons for this). Overall very disappointed. Also to add on 2/3 occasions I've been underpaid. There's 2/7 left from my training group, everyone was in high spirits in our training, most of which have left the company within first 2 months. I think mainly my dissatisfaction mainly revolves around not getting my 5 appointments per week, getting 2/3 per week will unlikely get you any commission, and if you sell at 40/50% discount and it "goes towards your RPA", I won't get an RPA bonus anyway because I hadn't reached 20 appointments... therefore without own business sales you'll be earning next to nothing after week 7.

Advice to Management

Well..

2. "Sales Designer - Fabulous Company"

Former Employee - SALES DESIGNER in Birmingham, England
    Former Employee - SALES DESIGNER in Birmingham, England

Pros

Fantastic training for beginners & continued advanced training
    Really lovely people to work with – All willing to help you with anything
    Constant support
    Fun & friendly atmosphere
    Beautiful products absolute pleasure to sell – The fitters are superb
    Great pay – Earned £40k+ in my first year
    Head office work really hard in qualifying the appointments

Cons

No Cons, would recommend to anyone – I have only left as expecting a baby.