Tighe & Bond - Pretty good place to work... | Glassdoor.co.uk

There are newer employer reviews for Tighe & Bond

"Pretty good place to work..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA (US)

I worked at Tighe & Bond full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great to work with
Great benefits

Cons

You have to be an engineer to really get ahead. Other departments don't get the same opportunities.
Senior management appears to be a little "out of touch"

Advice to Management

Treat all groups in the company the same. The environmental scientists are just as important as the engineers.

Other Employee Reviews for Tighe & Bond

1. "Not an engineer... you may want to keep looking"

Former Employee - Environmental Compliance Specialist in Middletown, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Environmental Compliance Specialist in Middletown, CT (US)

I worked at Tighe & Bond (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and perks. There are employee stock share options, great insurance and great gatherings of all the regional offices at the annual lobsterfest and holiday party.

Cons

Upper management was always courteous and gracious, but middle management was strange and crude. I experienced some sexual discrimination, such as middle management complaining that I was a burden to send out on projects because I needed an escort. When I asked why I needed an escort when a male employee with the same job description did not, I was told flat out, "because he's a DUDE!" - in those very words. Not to mention that I had more experience than this particular "dude," whom I had helped to train at a previous company, and yet I was hired at a lower position. When I broke a shoulder on the job, working for one of their prestigious and most valuable clients, I was suspected of injuring myself (falling through a decrepit floor in an old abandoned house) on purpose to get worker's comp. No more said about that. When I finally decided to leave the company, access to files that I was working on was shut off without informing me. When I tried to troubleshoot the files simply by trying to open them up, I was accused of trying to get secrets to give to the company I was moving on to. Middle management said that it was a routine policy when someone was moving on to a competitor. Upper management said they had never heard of that policy. These are just a few examples of my weird experience there. I have never had such experiences before or after my tenure at Tighe and Bond.

Advice to Management

To the middle management, please adopt a professional attitude towards your employees. To everyone, please do not treat non-engineers as second class citizens.

2. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Westfield, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Westfield, MA (US)

I worked at Tighe & Bond (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity
    Offers flexibility in work schedule
    Family orientated work atmosphere
    All of the employees are very supportive

Cons

None that I can think of. All around great experience