"Worst company I’ve ever worked for"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Assistant in Nottingham, England

I worked at Towergate Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company Christmas party was of a high standard. This is the only positive I can say about the company

Cons

Where to start.... - Provided no training at all but expected to have a prior knowledge of everything and chastised when making mistakes -Overworked to an unrealistic deadline causing stress and opening the potential for making mistakes I worked in Accounts which required a lot of manual data entry. This could end up being over 200 pages of commission which would be expected to be done by the end of the day. No one would cover for you during your holiday and you would be expected to catch up on two weeks worth of work by the end of the day. Constant micro-management did not make this any easier. - Bad company routines which caused stress and wasted time. The company used to organise birthday cards for each employee, which sounds like a nice idea at first. However, during month end when you’re workload is at all time high, you would be wasting your time wander around the office trying to find someone who hasn’t signed the card for the person at the other end of the office you never speak to. - Every week, one of the employees would have to stay late after work to load the dishwasher and put everything away after. After a long stressful day at work, to add to your stress you’d be wasting your time doing this.

Continue reading
  1. "Ok"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Surrey, ND
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Towergate Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learnt so much, put through lots of training

Cons

Management in branch were awful.

2. "Great team"

5.0
    Current Employee - Software Developer
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Towergate Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very smart team with a wealth of knowledge. Always willing to help each other. Everyone gets on very well and our department head is the most thoughtful and encouraging manager I have had the pleasure to work for.

Cons

Honestly havent got a bad word to say.

Discover more reviews about Towergate Insurance.