TransferWise - Time to start acting like a real company | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Time to start acting like a real company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

- great people who are passionate about the mission - lovely offices - trusted to get your job done with flexible working conditionds - freedom to get the job done

Cons

- lack of any strategy or decision making by the 'leadership' team is starting to slow us down and - benefits and pay not keeping up with rest of London - no real chance to progress at careers, all about short term delivery as the only priority.

Continue reading
    TransferWise2018-08-05

TransferWise Response

August 7, 2018Marketing Manager

Hi thank you for your honest feedback, we're always keen to make sure our people can talk to us about opportunities for improvement and acknowledge the things that work well. Looking at your points under cons, it would be great if you felt comfortable to have a conversation with myself or one of our people ops team where we can discuss this further. It might be that we can bring clarity to things we have in place in these areas, discuss room for improvement specific to your experience or actually take tangible feedback and actions forward as needed. If you're unsure who to go to, the people team page on Confluence will help you. Best, Kate D.

Continue reading
  1. "Compliance"

Current Employee - Compliance Officer

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong compliance program, collaborative work environment, high opportunity for self- and career development, smart coworkers with great personalities

Cons

Not really a con, but I'm required. Environment is fast-paced--mastering work requires subject matter expertise, good problem-solving skills, great communication skills, instinct for process development, and facility for relationship building. Challenging, but very engaging and fun.

TransferWise2020-01-23

"Good benefits, but don't motivate their employees"

Current Employee - Compusa in Tampa, FL

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health insurance, stocks, PTOs, free food (snacks and lunch - once a week)

Cons

Bad salaries, horrible management, full and noisy office

TransferWise2020-02-03

Discover more reviews about TransferWise.