TransferWise - Work however you like & work on whatever you like | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Work however you like & work on whatever you like"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in London, England

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

I think our culture is pretty unique in the sense that I can choose to work from home whenever I want and naturally we have problems but from what I’ve seen people air those problems out and we are pretty good at addressing them head on. I also like that I can push whatever projects I want & generally people don’t even question me on it - not that questions are a bad thing. Fairly generous travel policy to compensate for issues with having a highly distributed team. It’ll feel very cult like initially but trust me it gets better after a couple of years of being here.

Cons

Base salaries are below market for engineers - but I’ve heard the People team are looking to address this. Career development is a black box - again I heard that the People team are looking to address this aswell.

Continue reading
    TransferWise2019-02-02
  1. "Compliance"

Current Employee - Compliance Officer

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong compliance program, collaborative work environment, high opportunity for self- and career development, smart coworkers with great personalities

Cons

Not really a con, but I'm required. Environment is fast-paced--mastering work requires subject matter expertise, good problem-solving skills, great communication skills, instinct for process development, and facility for relationship building. Challenging, but very engaging and fun.

TransferWise2020-01-23

"Good benefits, but don't motivate their employees"

Current Employee - Compusa in Tampa, FL

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health insurance, stocks, PTOs, free food (snacks and lunch - once a week)

Cons

Bad salaries, horrible management, full and noisy office

TransferWise2020-02-03

Discover more reviews about TransferWise.