TransferWise - Fun place to work | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Global Events Project Manager in London, England

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Colleagues are absolutely wonderful. There are so many smart and creative people together. I am inspired by them and what they do every day. If you are open to learning there are so many things to learn. You just need to see where you can help and do it. I enjoy choosing my own new challenges and working in an open and honest environment. I love it that even though I have been here for 5 years the company still... feels like a startup to work in. We are just a bit better structured in many ways. The feeling is still there.

Cons

While I enjoy autonomous teams and working this way, it is not for everyone. I would suggest thinking about this when applying for a job and trying to find out if this environment is one where you can thrive. There is a lot of information to learn and it may not be as straightforward as a new joiner may expect. We are definitely getting better at it and have made massive steps forward.

TransferWise2019-03-18
  1. "First time I've been truly happy in a job and woke up everyday happy to be going to work!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in London, England

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

-You're treated like an adult & trusted to do your job without being micromanaged -Work/life balance is the best I've had and that's down to the flexibility -Your opinions and ideas matter and they're listened to -Encouraged to get involved in things that really interest you or speak up if you believe something can be done better -You're given the opportunities to grow and take on new challenges -No two... days are ever the same, you're always faced with new challenges and things to get stuck into -Brilliant offices with everything you could need (and more!) -Possibility of travelling to our other offices -SummerDays yearly all-company event -Everyone is so friendly -None of that 'I'm-a-newbie' awkwardness, you become part of the team instantly

Cons

-The autonomous environment can be frustrating at times -With so many people in the business, it's impossible to know everybody (or even half!) -As we're growing so quickly things change quickly meaning something that's a priority today might not be tomorrow -If you don't like constant change or enjoy being kept on your toes, this is not the place for you!

TransferWise2019-11-12
  2. "Working at TransferWise"

Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in London, England

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, collegiate team, work ownership, great remuneration, team support, great work/ life balance.

Cons

I don't have any cons!

TransferWise2019-11-05

Discover more reviews about TransferWise.