TransferWise - Incredible learning opportunity for graduates | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Incredible learning opportunity for graduates"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in London, England

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coming to TransferWise has been my first job after graduating from university. It's given me so many opportunities I wouldn't even have dreamed of when thinking of what working life will be like. Some of my personal highlights are: - Responsibility & ownership- even as a junior I'm trusted to take on lots of responsibility in my projects and I'm encouraged to always voice my opinions and tell my views. - Travel opportunity - it often feels crazy to be able to travel to our offices around the world. - The people - it probably seems cliche but it's really the people that make TransferWise - I'm learning not only from my team mates, but also from people from different teams all the time. Everyone's always happy to help out and you can have chats with anyone, there's no corporate hierarchy. - Flexibility - being an international, one of the biggest things for me is the ability to travel to my home country and work from there for a week once in a while not having to use my holiday days for it. Lots of people also WFH once a week. - Mission-driven - When I was applying for a job I wasn't particularly looking for a mission-driven company. However seeing everyone here living and breathing our mission feels empowering and like you have a greater purpose to work for.

Cons

- Information overload - when you first join the information overload is huge, there's so much you can learn about the product that you really need to learn to prioritise and see what's relevant for you through the noise - Autonomy can be overwhelming - there's no handholding, you need to figure out how you can have the most impact and keep lazer-focused on that. It can be tricky as there's so many things you could be working on, to really understand how you can bring most value to the company.

TransferWise2019-09-18
  1. "Compliance"

Current Employee - Compliance Officer

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong compliance program, collaborative work environment, high opportunity for self- and career development, smart coworkers with great personalities

Cons

Not really a con, but I'm required. Environment is fast-paced--mastering work requires subject matter expertise, good problem-solving skills, great communication skills, instinct for process development, and facility for relationship building. Challenging, but very engaging and fun.

TransferWise2020-01-23

"Good benefits, but don't motivate their employees"

Current Employee - Compusa in Tampa, FL

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health insurance, stocks, PTOs, free food (snacks and lunch - once a week)

Cons

Bad salaries, horrible management, full and noisy office

TransferWise2020-02-03

Discover more reviews about TransferWise.