TransferWise - Best place I've ever worked | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Copywriter in New York, NY

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked in at many companies, in many different industries. This is far and away the best place I've worked. We provide a legitimately helpful, beneficial service to our clients, with no downside to anyone. My colleagues are some of the most intelligent, dynamic, kind people I've ever met. The culture is open, inclusive, not rigid at all.

Cons

Every medium-large company has a certain amount of bureaucracy. TransferWise is no different. But it has less of it than I've experienced before. People who need a ton of structure — who need to be told what to do to do their job — might struggle here. Being a self-starter is rewarded. Also there is not necessarily a steady, prescribed path to moving up. You move up if you do good work, but there's no formula (years + KPIs, for instance) that guarantees it. At least not that I've seen. I actually like that. I understand why some may not.

Continue reading
    TransferWise2019-10-04
  1. "Compliance"

Current Employee - Compliance Officer

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong compliance program, collaborative work environment, high opportunity for self- and career development, smart coworkers with great personalities

Cons

Not really a con, but I'm required. Environment is fast-paced--mastering work requires subject matter expertise, good problem-solving skills, great communication skills, instinct for process development, and facility for relationship building. Challenging, but very engaging and fun.

TransferWise2020-01-23

"Good benefits, but don't motivate their employees"

Current Employee - Compusa in Tampa, FL

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health insurance, stocks, PTOs, free food (snacks and lunch - once a week)

Cons

Bad salaries, horrible management, full and noisy office

TransferWise2020-02-03

Discover more reviews about TransferWise.