TripAdvisor - Awesome place to work. | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Awesome place to work."

Current Employee - Content Representative in Billerica, MA (US)
Current Employee - Content Representative in Billerica, MA (US)

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environment. Great Benefits. Ability to work from home.

Cons

have to work 6 days a week.

Other Employee Reviews for TripAdvisor

1. "A great place with excellent people---going through some culture changes and growth"

I worked at TripAdvisor full-time

Pros

-Smart, creative, driven people---you work with great people
    -Fast culture that gets things done
    -Global---got to travel for work
    -Nice perks like free snacks and lunches, great holiday gifts, overall generous culture (and salaries)
    -Career growth. Despite what some other reviewers have said, I saw growth and upward movement in my group and experienced it myself
    -Flexible culture---no issues with working from home, flexible start/end times
    -CEO is smart and has a strong vision and really does have an open door policy

Cons

-Lots of change over the past year and this has created instability and negativity in the culture
    -Fast culture sometimes mean blame-filled culture
    -Sr mgmt isn't great about communicating reasoning behind company-wide decisions

Advice to Management

You own the culture--any cultural change starts with you. You need to truly understand that you're responsible for affecting change; its top-down. TripAdvisor has amazing products and really smart people. So, given the recent changes over the past year, instilling more gratitude into the day-to-day will go a long way to start to reform the culture--especially within key talent groups like product and engineering.

"Fast-paced, flexible, great people"

Former Employee - Desktop Lead in Newton, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Desktop Lead in Newton, MA (US)

I worked at TripAdvisor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They hire top talent, many of whom are fantastic to work with. Cutting edge and leading ideas means lots of change and a fast pace, but if you love to learn and grow this is a great place.

Cons

At times, I witnessed people burning out. While my direct manager was great to work with and helped prevent my burnout, that may not be the case in all situations.

Advice to Management

Don't try so hard to maintain "startup" status, when that's clearly in the past. Embrace a new culture that fits with the size and politics of the business. You've got GREAT people--utilize them.