"Good autonomy in the product team"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Trouva full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The product team enjoy a lot of autonomy in building their roadmaps - if you can make a sound business case to do something, you'll be supported in making it happen - The tech stack is leagues ahead of other places I've worked - you can move from idea to finished product fast - Great team management - regular 1-2-1s, very receptive to feedback about your own work and the business as a whole - Generous salary

Cons

- Day to day work at Trouva involves a lot of quick fixes and and sudden pivots. There isn't the breathing room to focus on the big picture very often - Limited benefits

Other Employee Reviews

"Best place to learn how not to run a startup.... or anything really"

1.0

I worked at Trouva full-time for more than a year

Pros

From time to time they actually had Fruit and crisps in the kitchen.

Cons

***Sigh*** Mission is absolute marketing spin, they don't respect or value boutiques but feel this is a niche they can play in and this resonates with customers. 2/3 of the founders are genuinely not nice people. The other 1 is more of a ring in and is a super nice guy, props to him. Their focus is on reaching their target valuation and living in a beach house in the cayman islands. Current CEO has anger management issues, completely delusional, not Elon Musk style, more Kanye style. His influence and style is propagated in part by poorly skilled underlings that call themselves head of this and VP of that without ever running more than a lemonade stand or failing in another VC backed cash drain. You will learn the ways of a disorganised and toxic startup, not best practice... beware! HR practices, whenever someone would leave either in probation or out of, they would announce in a weekly all hands meeting and say "they just weren't up to our standards at Trouva".... always made me cringe. This is not the place for you to take a wonderful journey of a scale up, despite the awards that their VC investors shoe horn them in for, it is more smoke and mirrors... Find another startup to help build with your hard work that has a legit culture and vision.

Continue reading

Trouva Response

August 3, 2020People and Culture Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share this with us and I’m really sorry your experience at Trouva has left you feeling this way. We take this type of feedback very seriously and would like the opportunity to speak with you about your concerns in more detail. Please reach out if you would like to arrange a time to speak - my email address is chloe.bartle@trouva.com.

"High growth environment, excellent people"

5.0
    Former Employee - Performance Marketing Manager in London, England

I worked at Trouva full-time for more than a year

Pros

Trouva is a fantastic environment if you are looking to take ownership, achieve professional growth and drive impact within a business with huge ambition. If you want to work with smart, friendly people and challenge yourself I recommend Trouva as a great place to be.

Cons

As with any young company there are growing pains and things can move around a lot, but importantly the leadership are humble, aware that they won't get everything right 100% of the time and eager to make continual improvements to the way the business is run and the company is operated. As a result Trouva grew a huge amount as a business and a company during my time there and I am sure it will continue to do so.

Discover more reviews about Trouva.