Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

TUTORS NOT PAID AFTER ACCOUNT IS SUSPENDED

Sep 19, 2021 - Tutor in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

NO PROS, indeed, its just taking away the tutors hard earned amount. Try TutorMe at your own risk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cons

TutorMe just decided not to pay my hard earned cash. When my account was suspended it had a total of over $900 (i have a proof to this). Even if it were to be suspended, i was supposed to recieve my full amounts. They charge the students and retain the few dollars with them. This is a no go zone for tutors. I just hate the fact that they take advantage of tutors. I have a message they sent me after i tried to reach them via email. And i quote Hi Serena, Please be advised that effective immediately, you will no longer receive notification requests for tutoring opportunities with TutorMe because we no longer have a need for your tutoring services. Thank you for serving as a tutor and good luck in your future endeavors. Best, Andrew "Hi Serena, Please be advised that effective immediately, you will no longer receive notification requests for tutoring opportunities with TutorMe because we no longer have a need for your tutoring services. Thank you for serving as a tutor and good luck in your future endeavors. Best, Andrew" And they later said they wont tell me the reason. I just ask for my full payments. DO you want to tell me TutorMe is a scamming companies to Tutors, if no, why not pay then suspend?

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

TutorMe Response

CEO

Serena, Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts. As you know, we communicated over email and agreed on a remedy to this situation. We pride ourselves on providing excellent quality to our students, and, as such, we maintain strict quality assurance policies. We will remove tutors who do not meet those exacting standards of quality. We pay tutors for any work they have completed within policies laid out in the tutor agreement. Thank you again for taking the time to reach out. If you feel our conversation remedied the issue, feel free to update your review. Best, Andrew

1. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, less than 1 year

Great Opportunity

Jun 17, 2022 - Tutor in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Becoming a tutor on TutorMe has been great in helping have a sense of purpose during a transitional time during my teaching career. I've met a lot of great students and have learned along the way.

Cons

There are some students that will post that they need assistance, but continuously cancel if you decide to claim the lesson. Not many opportunities to tutor during the summer.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Flexible part-time work

Jun 5, 2022 - Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can log on when you're available and accept the jobs you want to accept. Students can set up a time with you. Pay is decent.

Cons

The jobs are snatched up really quickly. It's hard to read the description before it's taken.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about TutorMe.