Two Sigma - employee-friendly; deserves its good reputation | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "employee-friendly; deserves its good reputation"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Two Sigma full-time

Pros

A healthy, friendly working environment; reasonable and mostly flexible hours - nice for people with kids; good salaries, benefits, time off, etc.; technical challenges are good (but see further discussion in "cons"); plenty of opportunities to switch teams within the company; well-communicated path for career advancement.

Cons

Our business in the end is financial, so even though we are highly technical we are probably not going to transform the software industry the way Google has, for example.

Two Sigma2019-10-01
  1. "A very positive place to work"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Two Sigma full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work-life balance is excellent; you're surrounded by smart people who are willing to teach you; excellent benefits; commitment to learning with speaker series, reimbursement for conferences, tuition, etc.

Cons

Transitioning from a small company to a medium-sized company has resulted in some growing pains

Two Sigma2020-01-06
  2. "Incredible place to work - best in finance and on par with Google/FB"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Two Sigma full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture: do great work, work with incredibly intelligent and talented people, and importantly, no wall street culture. By that I mean people do not have the delusion that overwork or self-sacrifice is a heroic quality, or source of success for the firm. Hiring the smartest people, and setting very high expectations for them is much more important. You're not expected to work 100 hours per week, but you are expected to have the most intelligent work product in the industry.

Cons

Small-ish company - you have to be comfortable being patient when looking for career growth opportunities

Two Sigma2020-01-06

Discover more reviews about Two Sigma.