USAA - Mission driven company. Technology backward. | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Mission driven company. Technology backward."

Current Employee - Software Developer & Integrator I in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at USAA full-time

Pros

It is an honor to serve the military and their financial needs by working at USAA. There's a sense of camaraderie and a willingness to help our members out as much as we can inside the company. There's a big drive towards meeting compliance and regulatory requirements which everyone takes as seriously as our CEO.

Cons

I work in technology and we still are behind when it comes to using the latest tech. Bureaucracy binds our decisions a lot of the times and our agile mentality is still driven like waterfall methods.

USAA2019-06-20
  1. "USAA is cool"

Current Employee - Business Advisor

I have been working at USAA full-time

Pros

Awesome place to work with good people

Cons

Competitive to get promoted but keep on pushing

USAA2019-10-19
  2. "Great benefits, culture, and mission. Compensation lower than industry averages."

Current Employee - Auto Liability Claims Adjuster

I have been working at USAA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

USAA has a noble mission and an excellent training program for claim adjusters. Always told by management to do the right thing for the customer. Benefits are the best around: 8% 401k match (plus more depending on age), 6 weeks of paid time off every year, and no strings attached education program. USAA paid for my MBA almost 100%.

Cons

Very high work volume creating high stress levels. Dealing with the public in unfortunate circumstances requires a high level of patience. Compensation is lower than industry average.

Advice to Management

Management has never figured out how to match labor quantity with work flow volumes in claims department. Leads to loss of top talent and poor claims service.

USAA2019-12-08

Discover more reviews about USAA.