USAA - Great place to learn and grow, work-life balance is a pipe dream for my team | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Great place to learn and grow, work-life balance is a pipe dream for my team"

Current Employee - Software Developer & Integrator

I have been working at USAA full-time

Pros

Co-workers are really nice, friendly, and helpful. I've always had great managers and interesting work. GREAT benefits. Depending on the team, you'll have great work-life balance. Awesome mission. Shareholders are the members. IT stack is still behind, but is quickly modernizing.

Cons

Depending on the team, you'll have horrible work-life balance. We rely a ton on third party contractors, which they're great, but there is a lot of turnover which means some quality drops and more phone calls in the middle of the night when things break. Work-life balance is getting hit hard recently with all the pushes towards compliance. Also, depending on the team, you won't be promoted until you're past the 2... years waiting period.

Advice to Management

Yes, we need to be compliant, but we still need to focus on the members. Code quality and change management quality has been dropping. Budgets for support teams shouldn't be slashed. The combination of the things above are affecting the work-life balance of those on production support teams and availability of the environment.

USAA2019-09-25
  1. "Analyst"

I have been working at USAA

Pros

A great place to work -

Cons

Limited benefits in comparison to other companies

USAA2017-01-01
  2. "Decent Enough"

I have been working at USAA full-time

Pros

Nice people, fun place to work.

Cons

Lack of internal progression opportunities.

Advice to Management

Promote from within as much as possible.

USAA2018-02-10

Discover more reviews about USAA.