Ulta Beauty - Adequate | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Adequate"

Current Employee - Hair Designer II in Naples, FL (US)
Current Employee - Hair Designer II in Naples, FL (US)

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ulta offers benefits,even if you work minimal hours. It's a fun atmosphere to work in. It's all makeup and hair products, so there's lots to play in.

Cons

You have to jump through many many hoops to qualify for benefits as a hair stylist no matter how many hours you work.
Also, there's lousy communication and accountability. Bad managers are not held accountable, and employees are often left feeling unheard and unappreciated.

Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty

"If There Was An Option For No Stars....."

Current Employee - Lead Cashier in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Lead Cashier in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Discount
    -Flexible schedule
    -Salon discount is nice
    That's about it.

Cons

-Horrible pay
    -Underappreciated
    -Extremely demanding for no reason
    -Made to bleach down the whole store (IN ALL BLACK!) but they won't provide an allowance for all the clothes you mess up
    -You're more of a janitor than a cashier
    -Entitled customers that don't understand the concept of a coupon with fine print. You've been a "loyal" customer for "years" yet you still don't know that you can't use a 3.50 coupon on Bare Minerals.
    -No breaks
    -You can barely keep water at the cash wrap and they when you ask to go get some they look at you as if you're going to be gone for hours. You end up feeling like you're an inmate smuggling cigarettes.
    -After 3 years, and constantly being recognized as the only person who contributes to Brand success, there's still no benefits, breaks, or pay. A .14cent raise? really?
    -The only reason I'm still here is because I like getting my hair done for 20 bucks :)

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap! If your employees feel appreciated and valued, the customer service would be extraordinary. But when you treat your employees like crap,

"Great company, unorganized management"

Current Employee - Hair Designer I in Bourbonnais, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Hair Designer I in Bourbonnais, IL (US)

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing hands on Redken Education, walk in clients on busy days, store discount, coupons and promotional material

Cons

Running out of product, schedule changes without notice, "senior designers" use all the D1 promotions for themselves, Ran out of shampoo, foils, lightener, 10,20&30 vol developer and product even though you are filled with an entire store of it. Stylists are allowed to come and go as they please without any repercussion. If the salon manager is late on a daily basis what kind of tone does that set for your stylists!? This store treats Designer 1s like they are expendable. I picked up shifts, stayed late, came in early and got taken advantage of, because in the end it is all about the numbers to them, not that your a great employee. Also for a store full of women the break room/ table with a microwave is so filthy!

Advice to Management

Clean up your store, and keep an eye on salon management. I loved working for your company but after 5 months I was still being used like a salon rag I couldn't take it anymore. Perhaps hiring a salon manager that is interested in the success of the salon as a whole, not just her and her friend. Maybe an inventory system?! I think the company actually uses one but my Salon manager refused, we were told to leave her notes.