"Review of Unilever US"

Former Employee - ABM in New York, NY

I worked at Unilever full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work life balance, ability to work remotely, get to work on some of the industry's biggest brands, great access to resources

Cons

terrible middle managers (brand managers) who throw their direct reports under the bus, afraid to say no or push back on Brand Directors who suggest a change in direction (don't even bother to attempt an explanation for a different approach even when previously aligned with the rest of the team), middle managers resort to making up performance issues even though emails and presentations exist to prove otherwise - and when an attempt at singling out 'performance issue X' fails, miraculously yet another 'performance issue Y' is inserted into the mix. The environment this foster is toxic, full of mistrust and completely lacking in respect and integrity.

Continue reading

Unilever Response

July 19, 2017The Talent Team

Hi. Thank you for providing comments on your previous role with us. All feedback is helpful - both constructive and positive. It's good to see you mention work life balance, remote working and the brands available to work on as particular positives. We will ensure your points around management, communication and performance evaluation are passed on to the respective teams to investigate further. We hope your current role is proving successful and wish you all the best.

1. "engineering intern"

5.0
    Former Intern - Intern - Hourly

I worked at Unilever

Pros

good culture and team. engaging projects

Cons

project long timeline, not fast

2. "Nice company!"

5.0
    Former Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Unilever full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great team and an excellent experience

Cons

there are really no cons

Discover more reviews about Unilever.