Unilever - Purpose driven oganisation | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Purpose driven oganisation"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Unilever full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It's vision and values are excellent, I felt proud to work for Unilever and everything in stands for. It is not one of those companies who says one thing to it's consumers but then acts differently internally. The agile working is great, as is the free ice cream (site specific) and staff shop!

Cons

Not the highest salaries in the market - people stay because they love the company, not the package. When you do leave you will find it hard to work for just anyone, because you become used to being treated in a certain way and now have the need to find a company that matches your values

Advice to Management

As you strive for greater employee experience, remember those employees who provide that service internally, they are employees too!

Unilever2019-04-25

Unilever Response

April 29, 2019Employer Brand Specialist

Thanks for leaving your review about your time at Unilever. It's great to see that you mention our culture and values as some of your highlights. All the best in your future role!

1. "na"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at Unilever for less than a year

Pros

work for too long hours

Cons

very very good payment for employee

Unilever2019-10-08
  2. "Good atmosphere and work / life balance"

Current Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in London, England

I have been working at Unilever full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work / life balance and flexible working. Most employees work from home every Friday, and it’s possible to work from home the other days as well if the manager allows it. 25 days annual leave. Free gym on site. Apart from that, not many benefits.

Cons

Limited HR presence. Limited Bonus. Limited reward (ABM works hard but are not rewarded). Difficulty to progress as not enough brand manager roles.

Advice to Management

Reward employees and change the job title from ‘assistant brand manager’ to ´junior brand manager’, or ’brand manager’ (level 1), as ABM are not doing the job of ´assistant’.

Unilever2019-10-14

Unilever Response

October 18, 2019Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We recommend you share this with your HR business partner, but we will also pass this on to the relevant teams to see where we can improve.

Discover more reviews about Unilever.