"Nice colleagues awful employers"

1.0

I worked at Verastar full-time

Pros

Allowed to eat at desks, team specific incentives, no weekends

Cons

Long hours for not much pay, other jobs that pay similar have less hours. Are expected to go above and beyond but not rewarded or praised for doing so. Computers are slow and impact work flow so can get very frustrating. Problems with the system are not seen as high importance by management dispute it causing a whole host of problems for customer and it is the advisers that have to listen to people yell because of the problems. Pay increase and bonus is based off multi factors but one of these relying on a customer to fill out a survey. Even when the survey is bad and it has nothing to do with you, you just happened to close the ticket and solve the issue you get that in your name. Even if team leaders listen to the call and agree you did your job well and correctly the bad score is not removed people no pay increase. Other colleagues left due the above issues and they took people from other teams to fill the gaps which just increased the strain on everyone. Not hiring enough people. The progression is not existent, you have to be there at least 2 years to become a team leader but even then there are not enough people to be teamleaders too.

Continue reading
  1. COVID-19

"Top tier employer"

4.0
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Sale, England

I worked at Verastar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic people / culture, strong strategic minds leading the organisation, influential senior leadership, flexible working with minimal core hours, reasonable expectations, good development, strong focus on continuous improvement, great graduate scheme that can catapult you to leadership

Cons

Heavily Sales orientated, low remuneration compared with market standard, has been impacted by COVID

Continue reading

Verastar Response

Human Resources Manager

1. Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It is great to hear you and enjoying your time here at Verastar! We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work – Good luck in the future!

2. "Average"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Sale, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Verastar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People mainly, then progression, training, gym

Cons

Longer than normal hours, not massively flexible,

Verastar Response

Human Resources Manager

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review We appreciate the feedback regarding the working hours - however, we do like to think we offer a good work/life balance as there are no awkward shift patterns. We would like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best in the future.

Discover more reviews about Verastar.