Verastar - Customer service | Glassdoor.co.uk

Employee Review

"Customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Manchester, England
Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Manchester, England

I worked at Verastar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that work there. No bank holiday working, no evening work, only have to do the occasional Saturday shift
Good bonus scheme

Cons

Long hours 9-6 is a long. Expected to work 1 Saturday a month with no incentive to do so (standard rate of pay & no time back)
The pay is shocking for the hours you work and the amount of calls you take. - also star bonus if you say you’ll leave 5 days prior to getting the bonus you don’t get it! DISGUSTING. Oh and pay progression is a joke you’re promised pay rising every 3 months but this is only if they decide you’re worthy. People have been there 9 months and still on the same wage as when they started!!!!
Constantly busy constant calls with complaints about the wait time or service. Customers always claiming a miss sell due take advantage of the vulnerable
But how are we meant to provide such a good service if we aren’t given the time to do so.
They have themed days and fri challenges but it's always the same people that get to go, as for the themed days it's only supervisors and management who aren't taking calls that get the benefit of this so called ‘fun’ then they post the photos everywhere as if it’s a happy environment. It isn’t at all.

Advice to Management

Hire management from within rather than external. non of your managers want to take over the calls when a customer gets angry. As if they're scared because they know it’s a bad company.
Better break system, 15 mins 40 then another 15 we are working 9-6 ! Or better yet have some people on a 9-5 others on a 10-6
Treat your staff better than you are doing get them involved in the themed days
Don't be so stingy with work time either sometimes your staff need a breather between calls especially with the ques being 20+ constantly these days. You can't keep your staff because they're not happy the environment isn't great you need to do something about it !!! Why not ask your staff what they'd like rather than thinking you know what's best. Otherwise you'll just keep loosing them, loss of staff + more customers = trouble. Never going to work is it. Stop chasing the money and look after those that work for your business

Verastar Response

11 Jan 2018 – Executive Assistant

Hello,
Thank you for your review, your feedback is important to us. We would like to better understand these issues, if you could please contact our HR Department in confidence; HR@verastar.co.uk.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Worst company ever."

I worked at Verastar full-time

Pros

Weekends and bank holidays off, some really friendly advisors. Pizza Fridays because who doesn't like free pizza?

Cons

How do you expect customers to be happy when the managers treat the staff like absolute scum? Obviously it's going to reflect back to the customers because they don't want to be there.

Equality and diversity is a complete myth in the place, let your weaknesses show once then prepare to be harrassed, discriminated, victimized and bullied by your manager...

HR department are an absolute myth, report a problem and prepare to be ushered away or to be told to 'deal with it' because basically they can't handle it when advisors actually stand up for themselves.

Being told you have to cut down your lunch break if you find yourself using the toilet more than normal one day. Oh, and also being told off for using the toilet straight after a team meeting, yet feeling like it was right to do so because you got into work just in time for the team meeting.

Being badgered to ring customers again and again to renew their contracts. If they want to renew, surely let them come to us? And God please use email and letters for communication too, we are in the 21st century after all guys.

Speaking of the 21st century, where is dress down Fridays ?? And unless we're solicitors, estate agents etc IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO WEAR A TIE ALL THE TIME THERES NO NEED WE ARE NOT SCHOOL CHILDREN.

Supervisors think they can speak to you like dirt and try to excuse themselves because they're a step up on the ladder. Give it back and my goodness they don't like it.

Finally, if you have any sort of mental health issue, health issue, well to be honest you could be on deaths doors... Under no circumstances will management sympathise with you, they will even call you after you've have rang in sick threatening to sack you. Well to be honest, your job is always on the line anyway if management don't like you and want to start getting personal.

Advice to Management

Close down and cease to trade. Better yet, have a look at your management especially and tell them to get off their high horse, stop using their position of power to bully people and actually make it a decent place to work. But to be honest that would be ignored anyway, just like the high turnover issue which is probably costing you guys more than you make. Im looking to set up business next year and under no circumstances will I be using your services. And by looking at trustpilot there's definitely a bunch of unhappy customers.

Maybe you need to look inside the company before throwing money at customers to shut them up?

Equality and diversity done right = happy customers and less reviews to reply to on trustpilot and other places.

Verastar Response

11 Jan 2018 – Executive Assistant

Hello,
    Thank you for your review, your feedback is important to us. We wish to look into the concerns you have raised, if you would be willing to contact our HR Department in confidence... More

"Not stressful and good work/life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northenden, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northenden, England

I have been working at Verastar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, friendly atmosphere, not stressful and good work/life balance

Cons

No sick pay, clocking-in/out system gives the impression of lack of trust

Advice to Management

Give more trust to employees by taking away clock-in system or even reducing the strictness of it. If there are issues with someone not being in enough hours then a manager can bring this up with that individual.

Discover more reviews about Verastar.