Verastar - Worst company ever. | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
  • "You don't work weekends or bank holidays" (in 5 reviews)

• "Excellent work life balance with bonus incentives and also Pizza which is a nice gesture" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "long hours that are not flexible" (in 13 reviews)

• "9-6 (40 hour week) quite long hours for office work" (in 5 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Worst company ever."

I worked at Verastar full-time

Pros

Weekends and bank holidays off, some really friendly advisors. Pizza Fridays because who doesn't like free pizza?

Cons

How do you expect customers to be happy when the managers treat the staff like absolute scum? Obviously it's going to reflect back to the customers because they don't want to be there.

Equality and diversity is a complete myth in the place, let your weaknesses show once then prepare to be harrassed, discriminated, victimized and bullied by your manager...

HR department are an absolute myth, report a problem and prepare to be ushered away or to be told to 'deal with it' because basically they can't handle it when advisors actually stand up for themselves.

Being told you have to cut down your lunch break if you find yourself using the toilet more than normal one day. Oh, and also being told off for using the toilet straight after a team meeting, yet feeling like it was right to do so because you got into work just in time for the team meeting.

Being badgered to ring customers again and again to renew their contracts. If they want to renew, surely let them come to us? And God please use email and letters for communication too, we are in the 21st century after all guys.

Speaking of the 21st century, where is dress down Fridays ?? And unless we're solicitors, estate agents etc IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO WEAR A TIE ALL THE TIME THERES NO NEED WE ARE NOT SCHOOL CHILDREN.

Supervisors think they can speak to you like dirt and try to excuse themselves because they're a step up on the ladder. Give it back and my goodness they don't like it.

Finally, if you have any sort of mental health issue, health issue, well to be honest you could be on deaths doors... Under no circumstances will management sympathise with you, they will even call you after you've have rang in sick threatening to sack you. Well to be honest, your job is always on the line anyway if management don't like you and want to start getting personal.

Advice to Management

Close down and cease to trade. Better yet, have a look at your management especially and tell them to get off their high horse, stop using their position of power to bully people and actually make it a decent place to work. But to be honest that would be ignored anyway, just like the high turnover issue which is probably costing you guys more than you make. Im looking to set up business next year and under no circumstances will I be using your services. And by looking at trustpilot there's definitely a bunch of unhappy customers.

Maybe you need to look inside the company before throwing money at customers to shut them up?

Equality and diversity done right = happy customers and less reviews to reply to on trustpilot and other places.

Verastar Response

11 Jan 2018 – Executive Assistant

Hello,
Thank you for your review, your feedback is important to us. We wish to look into the concerns you have raised, if you would be willing to contact our HR Department in confidence... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Not stressful and good work/life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northenden, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northenden, England

I have been working at Verastar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, friendly atmosphere, not stressful and good work/life balance

Cons

No sick pay, clocking-in/out system gives the impression of lack of trust

Advice to Management

Give more trust to employees by taking away clock-in system or even reducing the strictness of it. If there are issues with someone not being in enough hours then a manager can bring this up with that individual.

"Getting better"

Current Employee - Contract Enquiries Advisor in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Contract Enquiries Advisor in Manchester, England

I have been working at Verastar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New management on the department makes a real difference. Was looking to leave but now happy.

Lots of help from everyone and a real team spirit.

Cons

Other departments are managed differantly. If I was working on another team I would have left! I wouldnt treat animals the way some treat the staff.

Managers (apart from my new one) dont care about people. They only care about the numbers. I have never heard them once mention a customer.

Advice to Management

Telling people to do more is not support. Sit with your team and listen to them. You will learn more than them.

To senior management, look at who and what works well. Its not hard to see the difference.

Discover more reviews about Verastar.