Verastar - QA team . . . | Glassdoor.co.uk

Employee Review

"QA team . . ."

Former Employee - QA Specialist in Northenden, England
Former Employee - QA Specialist in Northenden, England

I worked at Verastar (More than a year)

Pros

-Pizza once a month
-Flexi-time *dependant on if your manager allows it*
- some good staff

Cons

-poor pay + pay progression signed off by manager who isn't monitored/they can basically decide if they want you to have a pay rise instead of basing it solely on a checklist which you work toward (as they're supposed to)
- Reported to HR that management were leaking confidential information, bullying staff and mocking mental health issues but no investigation happened, instead they just 'filed it' (probably threw it away)
- senior management for QA dept. Runs teams through HR department instead of mentoring (if you make an error of any kind expect a warning or suspension)
- QA team used to be very very good, however new management cares only about number of sales and allows agents to say anything to get the deal because it's 'more valuable'. This should be a concern of sales managers, not QA managers.
- No pay for overtime although it's written in contracts that they can request you do it any time.

Advice to Management

- Investigate ALL accusations you receive, not just the ones from management.
 - better training for new senior management (because the 1 week induction that customer service get is not sufficient for QA senior management who as a result know nothing- if you dont believe me try giving them a test on CRM or the internal systems theyre supposed to be in charge of)
- try talking to staff about their managers- currently you believe how staff feel about them from speaking to the managers themselves. Talk to the people, don't act like they're below an opinion and you'll get a real view of how things are.
- have a think about what this means and wonder about what it says about new QA management. The Qa team used to have the roles "QA Executive", now you're seeking "QA Advisors". Think about who made that change and why then maybe youll start to understand the level of distain showed to staff in that team and how our opinions were treated every day.

3 Dec 2018 – Assistant HR Advisor

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are very concerned regarding the issues you have raised. Namely, allegations of confidential information being leaked, and... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "My experience was good"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Manchester, England

I worked at Verastar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, Bonuses and incentives, Good management

Cons

8.30 - 17.30 instead of 9 - 5

23 Oct 2018 – Assistant HR Advisor

Hi,

Thank you for your review - It's great to hear that you enjoyed the fun environment that we pride ourselves on here at Verastar!

The bonuses and incentives are our way of thanking our... More

2. "First impression"

Current Employee - GMP in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - GMP in Manchester, England

I have been working at Verastar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly atmosphere, the employees are very welcoming and have friendly and helpful approach to the development of an individual. Diversified environment and people are open to ideas and innovation. welcoming to new thoughts and push their employees for progression.

Training is taken seriously, An employee starts with an in-depth overview of the company and a run through of the departments and what they do. Employees are made aware of regulations and expectations. The training sessions are very adaptable and the trainers are very knowledgable. when you start in your role you are made to feel capable. After that, you are put through continuous training sessions to either refresh or keep you up to date on any new regulation that you need to be made aware of.

Good transparency on what is happening across the organisation, this is down to the relevance of the department you are in.

Cons

outdated infrastructure and lack of communication between departments. it is going through growing pains but have plans to accommodate growth.

due to the growth, there is a lot of on-the-spot amendments and needs more organising.

Advice to Management

look into more internal development through better communication and infrastructure. expand away from a customer centric view, the product is there, but it needs an internal overhaul in order to achieve the full potential that Versatstar is able to achieve.

24 Oct 2018 – Assistant HR Advisor

Hi,

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a positive and constructive review!

Maintaining our fun environment, as well as focusing on the development, training and progression... More

Discover more reviews about Verastar.