Verastar - QA team . . . | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
  • "You don't work weekends or bank holidays" (in 6 reviews)

• "Great place to work where they really care about their staff" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "long hours that are not flexible" (in 13 reviews)

• "9-6 (40 hour week) quite long hours for office work" (in 5 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"QA team . . ."

Former Employee - QA Specialist in Northenden, England
Former Employee - QA Specialist in Northenden, England

I worked at Verastar (More than a year)

Pros

-Pizza once a month
-Flexi-time *dependant on if your manager allows it*
- some good staff

Cons

-poor pay + pay progression signed off by manager who isn't monitored/they can basically decide if they want you to have a pay rise instead of basing it solely on a checklist which you work toward (as they're supposed to)
- Reported to HR that management were leaking confidential information, bullying staff and mocking mental health issues but no investigation happened, instead they just 'filed it' (probably threw it away)
- senior management for QA dept. Runs teams through HR department instead of mentoring (if you make an error of any kind expect a warning or suspension)
- QA team used to be very very good, however new management cares only about number of sales and allows agents to say anything to get the deal because it's 'more valuable'. This should be a concern of sales managers, not QA managers.
- No pay for overtime although it's written in contracts that they can request you do it any time.

Advice to Management

- Investigate ALL accusations you receive, not just the ones from management.
 - better training for new senior management (because the 1 week induction that customer service get is not sufficient for QA senior management who as a result know nothing- if you dont believe me try giving them a test on CRM or the internal systems theyre supposed to be in charge of)
- try talking to staff about their managers- currently you believe how staff feel about them from speaking to the managers themselves. Talk to the people, don't act like they're below an opinion and you'll get a real view of how things are.
- have a think about what this means and wonder about what it says about new QA management. The Qa team used to have the roles "QA Executive", now you're seeking "QA Advisors". Think about who made that change and why then maybe youll start to understand the level of distain showed to staff in that team and how our opinions were treated every day.

3 Dec 2018 – Assistant HR Advisor

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are very concerned regarding the issues you have raised. Namely, allegations of confidential information being leaked, and... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "My experience was good"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Manchester, England

I worked at Verastar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, Bonuses and incentives, Good management

Cons

8.30 - 17.30 instead of 9 - 5

23 Oct 2018 – Assistant HR Advisor

Hi,

Thank you for your review - It's great to hear that you enjoyed the fun environment that we pride ourselves on here at Verastar!

The bonuses and incentives are our way of thanking our... More

"Bullied by Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northenden, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northenden, England

I have been working at Verastar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

permanent positions available with regular hours of work and annual salary

Cons

1. Salary is very low against industry standard
    2. QA/Sales Support/Partner support senior management bully me daily, very unsupportive and demeaning
    3. Previous staff have left the teams because managers pushed them out or because there were threats of violence toward them which management did not resolve
    4. One staff member was ill and was getting stressed in role so got pushed to another team so management didn't have to deal with her instead of actual management and support
    5. The office act like children and slander brokers/partners until they're in the office then everyone's nice to their faces but laugh about them behind closed doors
    6. Asked to breach internal policies daily to get ahead even if this means putting the team at a disadvantage or breaching confidentiality

Advice to Management

Please review the SS/QA/PS department, we're all being forced to write positive reviews and getting bullied, it's not nice working here and many of us are looking for new jobs

3 Dec 2018 – Assistant HR Advisor

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are very concerned regarding the issues you have raised, as they go against a number of our company policies and procedures. Namely... More

Discover more reviews about Verastar.