Verastar - Partner Support, Sales Support, QA | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Partner Support, Sales Support, QA"

Former Employee - Partner Support Advisor in Northenden, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Verastar full-time for more than a year

Pros

-No weekend work -Free pizza once a month

Cons

- Senior management doesn't care about the team or their rights, I handed in my 2 week notice so management sacked me - Senior management constantly talking about confidential issues in front of entire team and mocking peoples mental health issues - I hadn't known anything of working within office politics until i worked here. If you're not liked, you wont get anywhere. Career opportunities only exist for those... willing to play the game and stand on the shoulders of others - very poor culture. - Got told I "am not paid to think" by a sales manager and upon hearing this, my own management agreed that this was right, talk about job satisfaction! - Constant daily emails (practically hourly) from senior management telling teams they're not hitting figures (e.g. missing 2 calls in 3 hours) but they refuse to pick up the phone themselves (because they haven't taken the time to learn how we do our jobs and how technical and difficult they are, instead they've gone straight to telling us we're doing them wrong. Never any offer of help- criticism means much less from someone who doesn't understand what they're criticising.)

Advice to Management

- If the company wanted to, it would really not be that difficult to see through management swaying figures and making themselves look better. It's easy to hit targets if you move the goal posts daily and even easier to better your own image if you write your own reviews. - Stop sacking people for handing in their notice (and then boasting about it to the rest of the team)

Verastar2018-11-19

December 10, 2018Human Resources Manager

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Verastar. We are always looking at way to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the issues you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk) Kind Regards, Verastar

1. "Telesales Hamilton"

Current Employee - Telephone Sales Representative in Hamilton, Scotland

I have been working at Verastar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good environment, get a lot of support, uncapped commission.

Cons

Holiday allocation, no sick pay.

Verastar2019-08-22

August 23, 2019Human Resources Manager

Hi, Thank you for leaving a review We are pleased you are enjoying your time at Verastar. Ensuring our staff have a positive and friendly working environment is key, as well as ensuring they are provided with enough support and guidance to reach their full potential. Keep up the great work

2. "Seems OK"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Wythenshawe, England

I have been working at Verastar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people no weekends

Cons

Long hours not great pay

Advice to Management

Better pay pack

Verastar2019-10-08

October 15, 2019Human Resources Manager

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review It is great to hear you are enjoying your time with Verastar. We appreciate the feedback regarding the working hours - however, we do like to think we offer a good work/life balance as there are no awkward shift patterns and no weekend shifts. Keep up the great work :)

Discover more reviews about Verastar.