Verastar - Partner Support, Sales Support, QA | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
  • "You don't work weekends or bank holidays" (in 6 reviews)

• "Amazing staff, pay progression seems a great incentive, helpful management, always have support, good wage" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "long hours that are not flexible" (in 13 reviews)

• "9-6 (40 hour week) quite long hours for office work" (in 5 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Partner Support, Sales Support, QA"

Former Employee - Partner Support Advisor in Northenden, England
Former Employee - Partner Support Advisor in Northenden, England

I worked at Verastar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-No weekend work
-Free pizza once a month

Cons

- Senior management doesn't care about the team or their rights, I handed in my 2 week notice so management sacked me
- Senior management constantly talking about confidential issues in front of entire team and mocking peoples mental health issues
- I hadn't known anything of working within office politics until i worked here. If you're not liked, you wont get anywhere. Career opportunities only exist for those willing to play the game and stand on the shoulders of others - very poor culture.
- Got told I "am not paid to think" by a sales manager and upon hearing this, my own management agreed that this was right, talk about job satisfaction!
- Constant daily emails (practically hourly) from senior management telling teams they're not hitting figures (e.g. missing 2 calls in 3 hours) but they refuse to pick up the phone themselves (because they haven't taken the time to learn how we do our jobs and how technical and difficult they are, instead they've gone straight to telling us we're doing them wrong. Never any offer of help- criticism means much less from someone who doesn't understand what they're criticising.)

Advice to Management

- If the company wanted to, it would really not be that difficult to see through management swaying figures and making themselves look better. It's easy to hit targets if you move the goal posts daily and even easier to better your own image if you write your own reviews.
- Stop sacking people for handing in their notice (and then boasting about it to the rest of the team)

10 Dec 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Quality Assurance Team - AVOID"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Advisor in Northenden, England
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Advisor in Northenden, England

I worked at Verastar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- £100 xmas bonus
    - free tea and coffee
    - modern(ish) office
    - transport links are okay for those travelling by bus (not metrolink)

Cons

- Avoid the Quality Assurance (QA) team at all costs, senior management will not care about your rights, your contract, your ideas or opinions or your mental health.
    - No praise, only ever criticism (unless of course, you do something snide on behalf of management, then they will love you until you can no longer be used for their gain)
    - Changes will be made daily and not communicated with the team, then when you work to old sign-offs (as you weren't made aware of new ones) you will receive warnings and trips to HR where senior management will claim they told you (and with no evidence, management are believed) processes and management are actually a joke
    - Quality team have just been relocated in the organisation to underneath sales. How can a quality assurance team be independent or objective if they report to sales management? The answer is they can't... and woe betide anyone who attempts to act with integrity in this department - this will not be tolerated for long, you'll be straight out of the door (or as long as it takes for HR to arrive and dismiss you illegally)

Advice to Management

- Get new senior management for QA team

3 Dec 2018 – Assistant HR Advisor

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are very concerned regarding the issues you have raised, as they go against a number of our company policies and procedures.

As... More

2. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Verastar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really good place to work. Strong senior management team and always someone to help out. Came in as a Team Leader having never worked in this sector before but was still given the chance. Always someone to help you out if you don't understand something.

Cons

not really anything bad to say about business

24 Oct 2018 – Assistant HR Advisor

It's always fantastic to receive such a glowing review from our employees!

We are very pleased that you feel so supported within your role - keep up the great work! :)

Discover more reviews about Verastar.