Verastar - Would not recommend | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
  • "You don't work weekends or bank holidays" (in 6 reviews)

• "Amazing staff, pay progression seems a great incentive, helpful management, always have support, good wage" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "long hours that are not flexible" (in 13 reviews)

• "9-6 (40 hour week) quite long hours for office work" (in 5 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Would not recommend"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northenden, England
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northenden, England

I have been working at Verastar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-No weekend work
-Set hours
-Free tea and coffee
-Free pizza once a month

Cons

-Poor staff retention
-Not all teams eligible for pay progression
-Rewards tend to be orientated towards gaining sales leads meaning staff working in a non customer facing role miss out
-My department are not entitled to flexi-time despite being a non customer facing team
-Department head allows mood to dictate (already biased) attitude toward staff. Their actions and statements are constantly contradictory
-No justification for scores received in appraisal
-Confidentiality is non existent
-Basic salary much lower than the national average (especially for a Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm job)
-Taking even one sick day affects your pay and quarterly bonus
-Will take subtle and strategic actions to get rid of any member of staff deemed to be a ‘burden’ (i.e chronically ill, disabled or part of a trade union)

Advice to Management

-Try listening to staff for a change instead of charging in and making changes without a thought for potential repurcussions
-Take a more proactive than reactive approach
-Educate yourselves on mental health and disability
-Take a step out of the dark ages in terms of your practices

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Sales role"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Northenden, England
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Northenden, England

I have been working at Verastar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working here it can be stressful but the management let you get away with all sorts too an extent
    They want you to have fun and enjoy your self
    Targets and good aswell

Cons

the way it’s one rule for one and another for another, the way your put on PIP if your one customer too short
    Working hours could be better

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, we all know the straw your under

Hi,

Thank you for your review - It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role and the fun working environment.

We appreciate the feedback regarding the working hours - however, we do... More

2. "QA team . . ."

Former Employee - QA Specialist in Northenden, England
    Former Employee - QA Specialist in Northenden, England

I worked at Verastar (More than a year)

Pros

-Pizza once a month
    -Flexi-time *dependant on if your manager allows it*
    - some good staff

Cons

-poor pay + pay progression signed off by manager who isn't monitored/they can basically decide if they want you to have a pay rise instead of basing it solely on a checklist which you work toward (as they're supposed to)
    - Reported to HR that management were leaking confidential information, bullying staff and mocking mental health issues but no investigation happened, instead they just 'filed it' (probably threw it away)
    - senior management for QA dept. Runs teams through HR department instead of mentoring (if you make an error of any kind expect a warning or suspension)
    - QA team used to be very very good, however new management cares only about number of sales and allows agents to say anything to get the deal because it's 'more valuable'. This should be a concern of sales managers, not QA managers.
    - No pay for overtime although it's written in contracts that they can request you do it any time.

Advice to Management

- Investigate ALL accusations you receive, not just the ones from management.
     - better training for new senior management (because the 1 week induction that customer service get is not sufficient for QA senior management who as a result know nothing- if you dont believe me try giving them a test on CRM or the internal systems theyre supposed to be in charge of)
    - try talking to staff about their managers- currently you believe how staff feel about them from speaking to the managers themselves. Talk to the people, don't act like they're below an opinion and you'll get a real view of how things are.
    - have a think about what this means and wonder about what it says about new QA management. The Qa team used to have the roles "QA Executive", now you're seeking "QA Advisors". Think about who made that change and why then maybe youll start to understand the level of distain showed to staff in that team and how our opinions were treated every day.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are very concerned regarding the issues you have raised. Namely, allegations of confidential information being leaked, and... More

Discover more reviews about Verastar.