1. "Honest review"

1.0
    Former Employee - Advisor in Manchester City Centre, England, England

I worked at Verastar full-time

Pros

other sales advisers are great to work with

Cons

Management Backstabbing Military culture, cant speak about anything else

Continue reading

Verastar Response

April 9, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed working with your colleagues. We are however disappointed to hear of your negative experience with management. We are always looking at ways to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the issues you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk) We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.

1. "Putting colleagues at the heart of our business"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER

I have been working at Verastar full-time for more than a year

Pros

I’ve been at Verastar for just over a year and what has really impressed me is the passion, drive and determination the senior leadership team has in creating a brilliant place to work for all our colleagues. We’re on a journey, just like every other business, but already I’ve been part of great initiatives being delivered across employee benefits, wellbeing, culture and reward and recognition. Plus the new head office in Sale is awesome. It really is an exciting time to be part of Verastar and I am passionate about ensuring our colleagues are absolutely at the heart of the business. And we all know the quote about happy colleagues making for happy customers!

Cons

I haven’t really experienced any yet but I know the business is working hard to improve those areas where we know we can do more.

"It's a job"

2.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Customer Care Administrator in Sale, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Verastar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's a job. There are some great people there. They are aware that it is generally not a good place to work and are making efforts to improve.

Cons

I'm sure there are many who have had a positive experience, but in the side of the business I was part of, it's just a chaotic mess. At advisor level, you are often subjected to poorly thought out decisions by upper management and project managers (again, some of them are brilliant). There are a lot of people who fiddle with processes without considering all the consequences of the changes they are making. This leads to ineffective and, in many cases, completely broken processes. Customers get incredibly annoyed that their issues are not being resolved, and advisors take the flak. Staff turnover is high, the training is poor, so it's common for advisors to get stuck, not having the knowledge or support to fix the customers' issues. A common approach is to just 'wing it' and get the customer off the phone, leaving the next advisor to deal with the customer's building frustration.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Verastar.