Verastar - Colleagues are really friendly...but that’s it | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Colleagues are really friendly...but that’s it"

in Northenden, England

I worked at Verastar for more than a year

Pros

The majority of the people there are really nice and you will make really good friends during your time there. Social events are really good as well.

Cons

All the issues with this place stem from the fact that their attitude towards their frontline employees absolutely stinks. You get treated like a school kid and get micro-managed to the nth degree. Some of the managers have a ‘do as I say, not say as I do’ attitude where they’ll be on your case over the stupidest things but at the same time, they’ll get away with pretty much anything themselves. Staff are put... through too much stress for the very little they get paid and annoyingly, a lot of that stress would be easily avoided if they didn’t make life so difficult for everyone. You have very little communicated to you and a lot of the time, you are guessing how to do your job and they only let you know if you do something wrong. If you dare to question anything, you’ll either get immediately shut down or just straight up ignored. This is why they have such a high staff turnover, because they would rather see decent members of staff leave than listen to them and admit to any faults.

Advice to Management

Your staff aren’t total morons. I get that you hire a lot of school leavers and young people that need a bit more guidance, but the majority are intelligent adults that are good at what they do and they need to be treated as such. Treat them with a bit of respect and reward them accordingly and by that I mean financially, not a couple of slices of pizza once a month.

Verastar2019-03-29

Verastar Response

April 9, 2019Human Resources Manager

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed working with your colleagues. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience, as we endeavour to ensure all our employees have a positive experience when working at Verastar. We are always looking at way to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.

1. "Telesales Hamilton"

Current Employee - Telephone Sales Representative in Hamilton, Scotland

I have been working at Verastar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good environment, get a lot of support, uncapped commission.

Cons

Holiday allocation, no sick pay.

Verastar2019-08-22

Verastar Response

August 23, 2019Human Resources Manager

Hi, Thank you for leaving a review We are pleased you are enjoying your time at Verastar. Ensuring our staff have a positive and friendly working environment is key, as well as ensuring they are provided with enough support and guidance to reach their full potential. Keep up the great work

2. "Seems OK"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Wythenshawe, England

I have been working at Verastar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people no weekends

Cons

Long hours not great pay

Advice to Management

Better pay pack

Verastar2019-10-08

Discover more reviews about Verastar.