Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Colleagues are really friendly...but that’s it

29 Mar 2019 -  in Pullman, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The majority of the people there are really nice and you will make really good friends during your time there. Social events are really good as well.

Cons

All the issues with this place stem from the fact that their attitude towards their frontline employees absolutely stinks. You get treated like a school kid and get micro-managed to the nth degree. Some of the managers have a ‘do as I say, not say as I do’ attitude where they’ll be on your case over the stupidest things but at the same time, they’ll get away with pretty much anything themselves. Staff are put through too much stress for the very little they get paid and annoyingly, a lot of that stress would be easily avoided if they didn’t make life so difficult for everyone. You have very little communicated to you and a lot of the time, you are guessing how to do your job and they only let you know if you do something wrong. If you dare to question anything, you’ll either get immediately shut down or just straight up ignored. This is why they have such a high staff turnover, because they would rather see decent members of staff leave than listen to them and admit to any faults.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Verastar Response

Human Resources Manager

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed working with your colleagues. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience, as we endeavour to ensure all our employees have a positive experience when working at Verastar. We are always looking at way to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Growing company

11 May 2021 - Advisor in Sale, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company has introduced lots of great benefits over the last few years, can see the company is making lots of changes for its employees and customers for the better. Has an onsite gym Has a onsite Bar and cafe You get access too a shopping discount platform Chance to buy and sell some holidays Clear progression path Chance to work at home and in office

Cons

Dont really have anything bad to say about the company but would be great if they offered volunteering days for the local community and charities. Like a giving back scheme

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Putting colleagues at the heart of our business

23 Mar 2021 - CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been at Verastar for just over a year and what has really impressed me is the passion, drive and determination the senior leadership team has in creating a brilliant place to work for all our colleagues. We’re on a journey, just like every other business, but already I’ve been part of great initiatives being delivered across employee benefits, wellbeing, culture and reward and recognition. Plus the new head office in Sale is awesome. It really is an exciting time to be part of Verastar and I am passionate about ensuring our colleagues are absolutely at the heart of the business. And we all know the quote about happy colleagues making for happy customers!

Cons

I haven’t really experienced any yet but I know the business is working hard to improve those areas where we know we can do more.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Verastar.