Verastar - Sales executive | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
  • "The company has recently introduced 'pizza Fridays' which is also a nice touch" (in 9 reviews)

• "Quarterly bonus worth 10% of salary" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "No sick pay, clocking-in/out system gives the impression of lack of trust" (in 8 reviews)

• "long hours that are not flexible" (in 14 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Sales executive"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Manchester, England
Former Employee - Account Manager in Manchester, England

I worked at Verastar full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Money can be amazing.

Cons

Poor management. HR department on its backside, all bar 2 are stuck up their own behinds and unapproachable. They support senior members off staff rather than all. No customer care. Sloppy selling. Poor selling is a culture and encouraged down the chain of comandment. All about numbers on the board rather than selling correctly and keeping business for as long as possible. Numbers of customers speaks for themselves.

Advice to Management

None because they do not care.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Not really recommending"

Former Employee - Product Support in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Product Support in Manchester, England

I worked at Verastar part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pizza Friday
    One day in a month casual dress code
    Some co-workers
    My management team
    Training

Cons

Very low salary comparing with responsibilities and knowledge
    Very bad Employees retention
    Organisation is far behing in 80’ comparing with other companies
    Cross-sales more imoportant to anythinf

Advice to Management

Just appreciate people more so they will stay.

Verastar Response

9 Apr 2019 – Human Resources Manager

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are pleased you enjoyed some of our employee benefits such as pizza Friday and dress-down day, and it is great to hear your positive... More

"Colleagues are really friendly...but that’s it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northenden, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northenden, England

I worked at Verastar (More than a year)

Pros

The majority of the people there are really nice and you will make really good friends during your time there. Social events are really good as well.

Cons

All the issues with this place stem from the fact that their attitude towards their frontline employees absolutely stinks. You get treated like a school kid and get micro-managed to the nth degree.
    Some of the managers have a ‘do as I say, not say as I do’ attitude where they’ll be on your case over the stupidest things but at the same time, they’ll get away with pretty much anything themselves.
    Staff are put through too much stress for the very little they get paid and annoyingly, a lot of that stress would be easily avoided if they didn’t make life so difficult for everyone. You have very little communicated to you and a lot of the time, you are guessing how to do your job and they only let you know if you do something wrong.
    If you dare to question anything, you’ll either get immediately shut down or just straight up ignored. This is why they have such a high staff turnover, because they would rather see decent members of staff leave than listen to them and admit to any faults.

Advice to Management

Your staff aren’t total morons. I get that you hire a lot of school leavers and young people that need a bit more guidance, but the majority are intelligent adults that are good at what they do and they need to be treated as such. Treat them with a bit of respect and reward them accordingly and by that I mean financially, not a couple of slices of pizza once a month.

Verastar Response

9 Apr 2019 – Human Resources Manager

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed working with your colleagues.

We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience, as we endeavour to... More

Discover more reviews about Verastar.