Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great employer

21 Mar 2021 - Revenue Assurance Specialist in Reading, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company and invests in employee training

Cons

Too big of company and product line so hard to understand bigger picture

Be the first to find this review helpful

Verizon Response

Thank you for your review. Providing our employees with the opportunity to learn and grow is extremely important to us; that's why we make multiple leadership training opportunities and mentorship programs available to our V Teamers. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, as we are always looking to improve.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Team and Benefits

11 Jun 2021 - Senior Experience Specialist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Rewarding work - Talented Employees - Great benefits - Flexible work-life balance (even pre-Covid)

Cons

- Direction/Strategy seems to change on a yearly/quarterly basis, made worse by COVID - A lot of consolidation and regular re-orgs.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Rewarding but demanding place to work.

26 Jan 2015 - Associate Director in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation is competitive but you will work very hard for it. Culture is excellent and exhibited and practiced from the top down. Benefits are excellent and cost reasonable. 401k match and profit sharing. Lots of training and professional development opportunities. Can advance if you're willing to relocate.

Cons

Company is trying to transform into what it wants to be beyond a wireless carrier (cloud?, security?, telematics?, wholesaler?, etc) and is struggling with a vision, resources, and org structure to make it a reality. Several re-organizations over last few years so job security has frequently been a question. Often delayed response to competitors caused by management's concern that acting would result in not meeting Wall Street expectations. Not the "happiest" place to work because no result is ever good enough and successes aren't celebrated because the focus is always on the next weekly/monthly/quarterly goal.

463 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Verizon.