"A Mixed Bag"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at WE Communications full-time

Pros

With the right manager, and the right opportunity, you really have the chance to flourish. My experience was exclusively with leaders who empowered me to excel and take on more responsibility. Some great clients. Working on larger accounts brings opportunities for travel and collaboration with other regions. Lucrative salary for junior staff members. Largely speaking managers and directors want to do a good job for their clients.

Cons

- Heavily governed by WE US which means bad new business decisions are made - Younger members of staff are entitled - promotions are expected, vs earned - Hiring is close to impossible at all levels due to issues with HR - Salary becomes less lucrative the more senior you become, until you're below industry average when benchmarked against other agencies and in-house salaries - Gossipy, cliquey culture among many staff members which detracts from work

"A Refreshing and Inspiring Health Practice"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at WE Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Having spent my career in healthcare PR, I have worked for several agencies that do healthcare PR the way it’s always been done. I was specifically drawn to WE Health because of the exceptional, visionary leadership that wanted to create something different, with a unique and refreshing point of view that has attracted a diverse range of clients across the healthcare spectrum. But what makes WE and WE Health particularly special is the people. The people at WE are genuine, kind, hard working and supportive, across all sectors. No one is afraid to roll up their sleeves no matter what their level, and it truly is a “leave your ego at the door” environment. I joined WE Health because I wanted to help define our growing sector’s unique voice in a competitive market, to work with leaders that genuinely care about your success in and outside of work, and to work alongside talented people from all walks of life. Never have I been at an agency where people enjoy new business, until now. It is truly an honor, a privilege and FUN to problem solve amidst the industry’s most seasoned professionals, not to mention our tech, consumer, media and digital experts who willingly jump in to lend a hand. If you’re looking for status quo, you won’t find it here. If you’re looking for “good enough,” you won’t find it here. WE is about working hard to set new precedents, defining new ways of communicating in this progressive, purpose-driven world, and doing it with people you genuinely respect and enjoy. I can say with confidence that I’m here for the long run as I can’t imagine a better place to further your career and love what you do.

Cons

As with most agencies, you want more of a good thing. Specifically more talent at the junior and mid-level, and more specialists. With our headquarters in Seattle, a large portion of our integrated specialists sit on the West Coast, so continuing to build our East Coast bench strength is a priority.

2. "Unique individuals need not apply"

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at WE Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are some good people at the Account Manager level and below.

Cons

Are you a unique individual with outside the box thinking and a strong personality? Then run in the opposite direction. Conformity is king especially if you’re in a Microsoft account and bringing anything new to the table is lauded as “desirable” but no one actually wants it.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about WE Communications.