Web International English - TEFL Teacher | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "TEFL Teacher"

I worked at Web International English part-time

Pros

• Competitive remuneration • Flight reimbursement  • Housing Allowance  • 5 days paid holidays + 11 days Chinese public holidays  • Paid and sponsored Z visa plus Foreign Expert Certificate (FEC)  • Medical Insurance  • Airport pick-up  • Ongoing training and development workshops  • Free Chinese lessons

Cons

Not much opportunity for future development.

Web International English2016-04-20
  1. "It was an amazing experience."

Former Employee - ESL Teacher

I worked at Web International English full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cultural and language immersion. You can network with many other nationalities. Help others.

Cons

Not knowing the local spoken language. In large cities, this usually not a problem.

Advice to Management

Please use more efficient agents that can help guide the foreign teachers through the visa process and help grant work visas.

Web International English2014-04-01

"You Won't Get What You Signed Up For"

Current Employee - English Teacher in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Web International English full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy work Lesson plans provided Students are polite Regular pay

Cons

They pulled a bait and switch on me after offering to find an apartment for me. The new apartment was smaller, more expensive, dirty, & lacking some basic things. They invent excuses to deduct pay (like if you are literally 1 minute late clocking in, or if students say that you look tired during class) or change your contract. An older part-time teacher told me that they "forget" how many hours he worked... every month so that he has to keep his own class records in order to get paid. At my center they often rationed papers, markers, and erasers so that it was a struggle to get the necessary class materials. They put a new Chinese teacher in charge of their new children's subject, then harassed her so that she had to quit after she had developed it. Management lies constantly.

Advice to Management

The long-term benefit of retaining good and loyal employees is probably greater than the short-term benefit of conning them out of their pay. This is why your retention rate is so poor. You should probably fire half your management anyway.

Web International English2019-03-10

Discover more reviews about Web International English.