"Career Maker"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The opportunity WeddingWire has provided me in terms of career growth has been incredible. They helped me go from someone who just graduated college, to someone who has the freedom to make a meaningful difference on our Marketing team. I feel trusted amongst my teammates, and the feeling is mutual. We are constantly innovating, researching, and pushing one another to find the best possible route for a given project, and each and every learning experience is a gift. On a more personal level, each team is pretty close knit - and departments do many team building activities/trips/events to promote good camaraderie. From a corporate standpoint, there are also a lot of opportunities to mingle with those in different departments, along with great company parties/happy hours to reward hard work! For a company that has grown exponentially in my time here (there were 130 employees when I joined, now there are around 600+ internationally), I'm extremely impressed with how even when there have been blips, they are handled with grace, learned from, and corrected. Complacency rarely exists, and if it does, it's not long lived. On a final note, the Exec team is tremendous. They make a true effort to get to know their employees BY NAME, and will never hesitate to greet you in passing. It's great to feel like you go to work everyday working for people you actually like, instead of the usual grind of corporate America.

Cons

I believe WeddingWire gives us the freedom to determine our professional destinies - and with hard (and smart!) work, you won't be disappointed. However, the work environment may not suit everyone. For example, we have a ping pong table, speakeasy, unlimited PTO, etc - and these things are meant to be used to the extent that they don't interfere with your productivity. If you're unable to manage your time due to these distractions (or those similar), it's possible you'll have a hard time succeeding.

Continue reading
    WeddingWire2017-03-16

WeddingWire Response

March 23, 2017Manager, Culture and Experience

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this thoughtful feedback. It is our top priority here at WeddingWire to ensure that we are providing a positive, unique employee experience all the while ensuring growth & development opportunities. We are proud of our high freedom Company Culture, our rapid successful growth, and our incredible executive team. We take great value in our employees and the experiences that they have here at WeddingWire and we are so happy that we hit the mark here with you!

1. "amazing place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

this is an amazing company and office

WeddingWire2020-03-17
  2. "Great Incentives yet extremely stressful work environment"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chevy Chase, MD

I worked at WeddingWire full-time for more than a year

Pros

great incentives just for hitting daily metrics. Training was great! You didn't have to have any sales experience and you were well prepared by the time you hit the phones. Wonderful people Free breakfast every morning and free lunch the last 2 days of each month snack bar in the kitchen cute office space unlimited PTO and work from home opportunities

Cons

very stressful! burnt out very fast. high turnover. if you worked in saturated market it was hard to hit numbers. base was low, and percentage was low.

WeddingWire2020-03-06

Discover more reviews about WeddingWire.