"Still haunted by my experience at WW a year later"

1.0
    Former Employee - "account Associate"
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at WeddingWire full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Casual dress code -Free breakfast -Fun company events -Good company to have on a resume especially in the DMV, but only if you stay more than 6 months (which most people don't)

Cons

WW advertising does not work in most territories or for most vendors, and because of that the sales tactics used are manipulative at best and unethical at the worst. The highest performing reps will tell vendors they're idiots or their business will fail if they don't buy WW ad space, and managers encourage you to be mean (I'm sorry 'direct') to vendors on the phone. If you bring up concerns or uneasiness with that you'll be outcast from the company by getting reassigned worse territory, a higher quota, and lose your invites to company events. Of the 50+ vendors I sold while there, 3 chose to renew their listings; that should tell you how well the product works. Favoritism runs rampant in this organization and unskilled reps will receive great territories and low quotas if they're well liked. For me, things went downhill after a very popular colleague made a pass on me at a company event and I declined his advances. The next month, my quota nearly doubled, my territory became smaller, and my ASP went from $1400 to $900 (due to the lower listing value in an unpopular region). Within 6 months after I left, 80% of my friends and teammates had also left the organization, and while I was there multiple people quit every week. There is also forced turnover for the bottom performers each month. Even if you are at quota, you will need to stay until 7 PM (at the earliest), the last week of the month to help your team meet the unrealistic quota assignments determined by sales leadership/exec/finance. Twice a day, everyday, the performance summary of every sales rep is emailed out company wide. Other SAs and managers will openly make fun of you if you're lagging (though one sale can take you from the bottom to the top since the business is so transactional). Unlimited PTO exists as a technicality, since you're rarely approved to take time off. I was point blank lied to about compensation in my interview. I was told I'd easily make 80K+ my first year, and despite hitting quota it was closer to 45k which is truly pathetic for the DC area. Overall, the worst job experience of my life, and I would only recommend my worst enemies to work here.

Continue reading
    WeddingWire2017-12-03

WeddingWire Response

December 5, 2017Director of Sales

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience with us last year. Based on your perspective, it’s clear that we didn’t meet your expectations. We are committed to ensuring all employees have a positive experience from the time they join the team, during the onboarding process and throughout their time with the company. We’re disappointed that didn’t happen in your case. WeddingWire is a high-growth business and we recognize this phase of growth doesn’t come without challenges. Based on feedback from employees, over the past year, we have invested in employee development and have been laser-focused on the implementation of programming to support team education, manager training and more. Thank you, again, for taking the time to share your perspective.

1. "amazing place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

this is an amazing company and office

WeddingWire2020-03-17
  2. "Great Incentives yet extremely stressful work environment"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chevy Chase, MD

I worked at WeddingWire full-time for more than a year

Pros

great incentives just for hitting daily metrics. Training was great! You didn't have to have any sales experience and you were well prepared by the time you hit the phones. Wonderful people Free breakfast every morning and free lunch the last 2 days of each month snack bar in the kitchen cute office space unlimited PTO and work from home opportunities

Cons

very stressful! burnt out very fast. high turnover. if you worked in saturated market it was hard to hit numbers. base was low, and percentage was low.

WeddingWire2020-03-06

Discover more reviews about WeddingWire.