WeddingWire - Experience varies by department | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Experience varies by department"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The reason that there are so many reviews here all over the rating spectrum is that your experience at WeddingWire will vary wildly depending on your department, your team, and your specific role. Some departments or teams are cliquey, others are not at all. Some teams may side-eye you for taking vacation time, but others will happily let you use your unlimited PTO to your heart's content. (Seriously!) There's so much variation, so unless a review is about your prospective department, it's pretty much meaningless. Here are some pros: - Friendly and engaged executives - Management who believes in transparency and allows you to submit tough questions anonymously, which are later answered publicly (at least for the Product department) - Free breakfast every day - 2 free lunches per month - Smart coworkers who are also friendly and helpful - Casual, laid-back atmosphere - Environment that's welcoming of and celebrates new parents - Some people can work remotely

Cons

- The sales department seems to have a high-pressure environment and high turnover. Make sure you enjoy sales / cold-calling before accepting an offer for a sales role. - Some talented people have been leaving due to recent changes, and even though they'll be replaced, it still places a damper on morale. - The changes mentioned above, which some people disagree with. - The 401k match is tiny, the smallest I've ever experienced at a company.

Continue reading
    WeddingWire2018-01-09

WeddingWire Response

January 15, 2018VP Engineering

It means a lot that you’ve shared your feedback. As a current employee, you know (and pointed out) that we value all types of feedback and appreciate the opportunity to understand and adjust course accordingly. While often hard, change can also be exciting. The change that we’re experiencing in this growth phase of WeddingWire isn’t easy, but we believe it will set us up for incredible success as we continue our global expansion. I couldn’t agree more with the pros that you’ve listed; we pride ourselves on the engagement of our executives, the flexibility provided to ensure the balance of work and life, and most importantly our great people and teamwork. As you’ve probably heard me say before, the people are what brought me to WeddingWire. After a little less than a year, the people here and their dedication to being the best team they can is still what I find most exciting and rewarding. Thank you, again, for sharing your thoughts. If at any point, you’d like to discuss your experience with me in person, I welcome the opportunity to discuss further.

Continue reading
  1. "Great entry level job"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chevy Chase, MD

I worked at WeddingWire full-time for less than a year

Pros

great culture, you'll make friends and be treated well.

Cons

High stress and very competitive.

WeddingWire2019-08-01
  2. "Great company despite major transitions"

Former Employee - Account Executive (Remote) in Denver, CO

I worked at WeddingWire full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great compensation for your efforts. The remote work environment was wonderful and always felt connected to staff. Went through 2 platform changes in the 10 months I worked there and was laid off due to merger with The Knot but experienced decent management and quality of product was great for sales.

Cons

The company is going through a major transition. In the 10 months I worked there I had 3 managers, went through 2 platform changes, and was ultimately laid off because of a merger with The Knot.

WeddingWire2019-08-22

Discover more reviews about WeddingWire.