Wiltshire Council - Great worklife balance and family friendly | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Great worklife balance and family friendly"

Current Employee - Business Support Officer in Trowbridge, England

I have been working at Wiltshire Council part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have recently returned from maternity leave and requested flexible working arrangements. This led to a discussion with my manager abut the hours that that would work to support me with my family commitments, and ensure I was able to support the service I work in, in my role. We were able to agree to part time hours that benefits us both. We also discussed my career aspirations and future plans. This was great and made...

Cons

There aren't any. I used to work for another council and there is no comparison. The working environment is great - we have lovely offices and great facilities and a real focus has been place on the well being of staff. I have recently joined the EPIC team and this is a great opportunity to gain a greater understanding of the council and the other opportunities that exist outside my immediate team.

Advice to Management

More of the same please. Maybe better coffee in the atrium!!

Wiltshire Council2019-06-19

Wiltshire Council Response

June 25, 2019Resource Advisor

This is great to hear, I'm loving that you are enjoying the job, the environment and being part of team EPIC. We're really looking forward to implementing some great with the team as the year progresses, see you at the next meeting! - James

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Love it, love it, love it"

Current Employee - Reablement Worker in Trowbridge, England

I have been working at Wiltshire Council full-time for less than a year

Pros

I moved to this job from another care provider and it is amazing the difference. Wiltshire Council really cares about their staff. The service is new and we have all got new uniforms and new kit but it is more than that. I have a great team who are enthusiastic about making a difference in the community and that is what I enjoy the most. I feel that I have a real purpose now.

Cons

There aren't any - I love it so far.

Advice to Management

Keep it up - this is the most supported I have ever felt. The training has been excellent and the teamwork is fantastic

Wiltshire Council2019-06-19

Wiltshire Council Response

June 25, 2019Resource Advisor

It's brilliant to hear that you're loving it, reablement do an amazing job helping people retain and regain the skills for living an independent and positive life. If you like to get involved with TeamEPIC and help make things even better, we'd love to have you join.

2. "Good"

Current Employee - Business Support

I have been working at Wiltshire Council full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good staff, nice offices, good organisation

Cons

No room for progression

Wiltshire Council2019-06-12

Discover more reviews about Wiltshire Council.