Workplace Systems - A Challenging Place to Work (in the right way) | Glassdoor.co.uk

Employee Review

(showing 1 of 94)

Employee Review

(showing 1 of 94)

"A Challenging Place to Work (in the right way)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stone, Staffordshire, West Midlands, England

Pros

I've worked at Workplace for many years (15+years), through some good times and bad. I can honestly say that since the change in ownership and managment about 2 years ago, the company is unrecognisable. From newly refurbished offices (including breakout areas), to casual dress code, to radical modern changes in working practices, the company has changed from a being an 80s software startup still trying to make it's way, to a global player on an steep upward trend. Gone are the cycles of boom and bust, just growth and challenging (in the right way) work - new products, new technologies, backed by a management that really knows what it's doing. Flexible working is possible, mysefl included, with many staff working part-time or felxible hours. After all this time, I now know what working for a software company SHOULD be like.

Cons

Because of the growth and changes, it's a challenging place to work - don't work here if you want a queit life, sat in a corner, knocking out the same type of code every day. You're be challenged, and will be given scope to take on as much responsibility as you want.

Advice to Management

The only additional benefit I can think of that would really bring Workplace right up there with the top small software companies would be some kind of employee share option to allow employees to buy into the future success of the company.

Other Employee Reviews

(showing 2 of 94)

Other Employee Reviews

(showing 2 of 94)

"A happy place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England

Pros

This company is a great place to work, it was a real breath of fresh air when I started here compared to previous companies that I have worked at. The people are very friendly and there is a good sense of community within the company. There are regular team building and group activities, and people often spend time together outside of work. There has been a big change in the company in the last couple of years and it has made a fantastic difference to everything. The new management seem to really know what they are doing, and have helped the company grow massively. They are really supportive and I am very excited to see where the company goes from here.

Cons

To be honest I really cannot think of any. I genuinely do enjoy working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Going places"

I have been working at Workplace Systems full-time

Pros

A really good culture in the office, everyone is really helpful. A couple of the core values of the company are "fun" and "global collaboration" and this is what we experience on a daily basis. Line managers are readily available to assist, team members are always willing to share knowledge and it is not in every company that you get to work with VP of your department regularly! There is great company exposure.

Cons

More needs to be done to train up new starters and get them up to speed much sooner.

Advice to Management

Keep on bringing the good news.

Discover more reviews about Workplace Systems.