"The customer losses tell the story"

2.0
    Former Employee - Management in Birmingham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Yell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay is above the market average across most roles

Cons

This has become an unfulfilling place to work. The staff are suffering and there has been redundancies with good people losing their jobs. There is negative press coverage and the goal posts keep moving when it comes to targets. Nonetheless, if you do well in sales you’ll be given a certificate and a bottle of wine (old school). In all seriousness the fun and purpose has disappeared and the customer cancellation rates make you question if there is any value in what you are doing. According to the most recent set of financials published across April, May, June, the company lost 3400 more customers than it gained. That’s more than 55 for each business day so I guess the customer and sales model under the current leadership is simply not working and will soon change again. Before you think about joining here in sales , ask yourself if you know anyone under the age of 65 who actively chooses to use online business directories? ............Me neither.

Continue reading
  1. "Great company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Birmingham, Tippecanoe, IN

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Unlimited earnings opportunity. Territory management is like running your own business.

Cons

Targets can be tough to hit. Particular focus on different products, focus shifts. Lots of admin work

2. "Web Support Specialist"

4.0

I worked at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Higher pay than other employers

Cons

No work life balance and lots of management transfers

Yell Response

Head of Customer Onboarding

Hi, Thank you for the review, it isn’t clear from the review when you left the business, but we are pleased to hear that your experience was a positive one. In terms of your feedback one of our key focuses this year has been on facilitating employee’s with managing their work- life balance and where possible we now offer agile-working and home-working across the business. Thank you again for leaving your feedback.

Discover more reviews about Yell.