1. "Not worth it"

2.0
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Yell full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

People you work with and hours

Cons

Where do I start? The job itself would be ok if the cancellation rate wasn't so high and we get those sales taken away from us even though it was usually 80% of the time due to performance of the products, customer services and no one doing what they said they would do. It used to be the best place to work for but that all changed, they got money hungry, we work twice as hard as we used to, we get less money then before, targets always going up and never find out what they are until halfway through the month. Yet the CEO got a 50 million bonus. Access to training materials are great, if we were ever given an opportunity to access it. Expected to perform and have the knowledge of a marketing expert but not given the time or training. All they care about are numbers. The pay used to be great, bonus uncapped, they changed that and now it's like working for a basic telesales company. Not worth what they pay you anymore, yet they still try to convince people that it's better then anywhere else, sorry that's just not true anymore. Most everyone is burnt out and depressed and wanted to just run away. The amount of employees either going on the sick due to stress and pressure is always increasing. Managers speak openly with each other about managing people they don't like out of the business. Then they started messing with people's bonuses and lots of people were ripped off, lied to about what commissions are and then just expected to suck it up when your hundreds short. Basically they take and take and take and don't give back. Long time loyal customers are treated so bad, no respect. I'm glad I got out when I did, it was life sucking

Continue reading

Yell Response

Telesales Director

Thank you for your review. It is so disappointing to read your frustrations, knowing that you have already left Yell. We do care about how our people feel and currently we are reviewing feedback from recent focus groups and looking at what we can do to simplify our pay model. We still pay an average of above on target earnings, which is based on performance and we strategically work with marketing to ensure the target reflects the campaigns people are working and I pleased to say that we still offer uncapped bonus opportunity.

1. "Great company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Birmingham, Tippecanoe, IN

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Unlimited earnings opportunity. Territory management is like running your own business.

Cons

Targets can be tough to hit. Particular focus on different products, focus shifts. Lots of admin work

2. "Web Support Specialist"

4.0

I worked at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Higher pay than other employers

Cons

No work life balance and lots of management transfers

Yell Response

Head of Customer Onboarding

Hi, Thank you for the review, it isn’t clear from the review when you left the business, but we are pleased to hear that your experience was a positive one. In terms of your feedback one of our key focuses this year has been on facilitating employee’s with managing their work- life balance and where possible we now offer agile-working and home-working across the business. Thank you again for leaving your feedback.

Discover more reviews about Yell.