1. "Questionable"

2.0
    Current Employee - Telesales Agent in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent working hours Bonus achievable - £2,500 a month easily L&D team quite good knowledge on yell propaganda (doesn't always match with industry good practice so don't try and do any CPD outside of work) Good office/location

Cons

-Most management I have encountered are like football coaches delivering motivational speeches that contain no substance daily. This is a recurring theme throughout the company - plenty of people talk lots but say little. . - be prepared to deal with agitated customers daily, most of the people you call will have been rang 20/30+ times in the last month before you speak to them. - management quote Jordan Belfort so expect that type of approach to customers. - CEO talking a good game but lower/middle management either don't understand the new direction the company is meant to move in or don't care. - always in the press or online for the wrong reason's - embarrassed to work here sometimes.

Continue reading
  1. "Great company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Birmingham, Tippecanoe, IN

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Unlimited earnings opportunity. Territory management is like running your own business.

Cons

Targets can be tough to hit. Particular focus on different products, focus shifts. Lots of admin work

2. "Web Support Specialist"

4.0

I worked at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Higher pay than other employers

Cons

No work life balance and lots of management transfers

Yell Response

December 10, 2017Head of Customer Onboarding

Hi, Thank you for the review, it isn’t clear from the review when you left the business, but we are pleased to hear that your experience was a positive one. In terms of your feedback one of our key focuses this year has been on facilitating employee’s with managing their work- life balance and where possible we now offer agile-working and home-working across the business. Thank you again for leaving your feedback.

Discover more reviews about Yell.