1. "It’s starting to feel like a Ponzi scheme"

1.0
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good money if you’re prepared to mislead people on stats.

Cons

- You’re actively encouraged to mislead people with stats in your sales pitch (yells usage at 38million which doesn’t necessarily directly impact the paid listings from a google point of view, this traffic is under 10million) - hard sales tactics , you have to sell on the day and are forced to pressure people into decisions because if they don’t buy on the day and do any due diligence you will not sign them. - the advertising doesn’t work as the products are not fit for purpose, this weighs down on you big time especially as you build great relationships with customers and you know that 95% of the time it won’t work out for them. - the opposite of a customer centric company, trap people in long term contracts with products which don’t perform, and potentially ruin their businesses as a result - team managers don’t understand digital marketing and try push you to sell at all costs instead of what’s right for the customer - definitely elements of bullying and belittling in my team, manager was sexist.

Continue reading
  1. "Great company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Birmingham, Tippecanoe, IN

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Unlimited earnings opportunity. Territory management is like running your own business.

Cons

Targets can be tough to hit. Particular focus on different products, focus shifts. Lots of admin work

2. "Web Support Specialist"

4.0

I worked at Yell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Higher pay than other employers

Cons

No work life balance and lots of management transfers

Yell Response

December 10, 2017Head of Customer Onboarding

Hi, Thank you for the review, it isn’t clear from the review when you left the business, but we are pleased to hear that your experience was a positive one. In terms of your feedback one of our key focuses this year has been on facilitating employee’s with managing their work- life balance and where possible we now offer agile-working and home-working across the business. Thank you again for leaving your feedback.

Discover more reviews about Yell.