Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Absolute shambles. Teach you to miss sell then sack you when they are caught out

8 Jul 2020 - Digital Marketing Specialist in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Advisors are good to work with

Cons

Managers are gangsters and I don't know how they sleep at night

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful

Yell Response

Head of Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate all feedback to ensure we continue to make improvements where needed. We are pleased you enjoyed working with our Telesales Advisors. Culture is key to success in every business and we like to ensure we hire great people who live and breathe our company Values and Behaviours. It is a shame you felt the Managers were a negative part of your experience, our Managers should also live and breathe our Values and Behaviours. You also mentioned the training being recorded, we offer a 2 week class room training induction at the start of anyone's career at Yell where our team of dedicated trainers and coaches provide you with the tools and knowledge you'll need to set you up to succeed. If our consultants are struggling or need extra support after this then we also provide extra coaching or training sessions. We are sorry you feel your experience wasn't as positive and we wish you health and happiness for the future.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work for

28 Jul 2014 - Account Manager in Birmingham, Tippecanoe, IN, Optional[IN]
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited earnings opportunity. Territory management is like running your own business.

Cons

Targets can be tough to hit. Particular focus on different products, focus shifts. Lots of admin work

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Inconsistent management

24 Mar 2013 - Sales Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent opportunity to make money even if you do not have much experience in sales. The training is good and the resources available are enough to give anyone a chance at success.

Cons

Extensive travel keeps you on the road quite a bit. The changes in the industry make it difficult to sell their core product, print advertising. The negative stigma in the market place of the company makes it difficult to overcome when calling on clients. The charge back system is unfair because it makes you not only a salesperson but get involved in collections as well which hurts relationships.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Yell.