"Total Honesty"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are many Pros to working at Yell. The Basic Salary is above average for my role. Bonus Structure is again competitive in the sector. Work life balance is encouraged. Incentives are awesome - I have had some amazing experiences thanks to Yell. Cant speak for all, but my manager Christian Starling is extremely supportive and is constantly helping us to improve our way of working to work smarter not harder. Yes its a hard job - but it has its rewards to, some people complain about micro management, but I have never experienced this, the people I speak to that are feeling this tend to be the people that aren't actually doing the job they are supposed to do.

Cons

By biggest gripes about Yell are simple fixes that I am sure will get sorted soon. The main one being that Targets aren't adjusted for holidays. I have 2 weeks booked off next quarter in month that also has Bank holidays. If I take these holidays I will more than likely not earn a bonus in that month and will appear as an underperformer on the leagues. Also the team you work within can at times be frustrating.. especially when if like me you care about your team. When you have people within the team that are quite clearly not doing their job... it can be extremely frustrating. Its hard work (very hard work)..... But if you are prepared to graft this job and company is an amazing place to work.

Continue reading

Yell Response

March 9, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thanks for leaving us a review, we appreciate your comments. It is great to hear you call out so many positives and we thank you for your honesty. We will take on board your comment around targets during holidays and will pass this back to our Leadership team.

1. "Great company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Birmingham, Tippecanoe, IN, Optional[IN]

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Unlimited earnings opportunity. Territory management is like running your own business.

Cons

Targets can be tough to hit. Particular focus on different products, focus shifts. Lots of admin work

2. "Inconsistent management"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent opportunity to make money even if you do not have much experience in sales. The training is good and the resources available are enough to give anyone a chance at success.

Cons

Extensive travel keeps you on the road quite a bit. The changes in the industry make it difficult to sell their core product, print advertising. The negative stigma in the market place of the company makes it difficult to overcome when calling on clients. The charge back system is unfair because it makes you not only a salesperson but get involved in collections as well which hurts relationships.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Yell.