Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company & great support

28 Feb 2021 - Account Director in Shrewsbury, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked here for 9 years I can safely say it’s a great place to work. Really good support too, my manager is Christian Starling who like all the managers done all the sales roles successfully before so offers great support around products and the digital landscapes. Compared to lots of agencies out there if you’re thinking of coming here - we are super transparent with our data with customers whatever the results of their programmes.

Cons

Lots of small companies target us so it’s a very competitive industry. Targets are fair but by no means easy it’s not a job for the faint hearted but if your up for it you can do really well.

Continue reading

Yell Response

Head of Recruitment

Hello and thank you for leaving us a review. Great to hear you are enjoying it and get the support from your Manager that you need. Transparency is key to the success of our employees at Yell so it is great to also hear you call that out. Keep up the great work and thank you once again.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work for

28 Jul 2014 - Account Manager in Birmingham, Tippecanoe, IN, Optional[IN]
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited earnings opportunity. Territory management is like running your own business.

Cons

Targets can be tough to hit. Particular focus on different products, focus shifts. Lots of admin work

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Inconsistent management

24 Mar 2013 - Sales Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent opportunity to make money even if you do not have much experience in sales. The training is good and the resources available are enough to give anyone a chance at success.

Cons

Extensive travel keeps you on the road quite a bit. The changes in the industry make it difficult to sell their core product, print advertising. The negative stigma in the market place of the company makes it difficult to overcome when calling on clients. The charge back system is unfair because it makes you not only a salesperson but get involved in collections as well which hurts relationships.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Yell.