Employee Review

1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Not the place they think it is

1 Mar 2021 - Digital Marketing Specialist in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Early finish on a Friday

Cons

If you want to work in place where it is constant pressure then Yell is the place for you. Their training programme brainwashes you into thinking their products are market leading in digital marketing which is definitely not the case. To work in yell you have to have no conscience. Constantly ramming talk time targets and dial rates down your throat hour after hour. The reality is with yell that they are no longer the call centre that they think they are as from first hand experience there are other businesses around the belfast area who pay way better bonuses than yell do. As for the management they are just as brainwashed as the advisors in yell. If you aren't the bosses little pet then you don't get the good leads as they like to call them. All in all l would not recommend anyone to work in Yell now and any current employees reading this will know its all true.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Yell Response

Head of Recruitment

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased you liked the early finish on a Friday, we offer this to all of our Telesales consultants we are very aware the role can be a demanding one at times and we appreciate everyones hard work and efforts during the week. The role of a Sales Consultant isn't the easiest of jobs so we do agree that pressure comes with this type of role. However, it is concerning to hear your comments around the managers and would welcome you to get in touch with us at recruitment@yell.com to discuss in more detail if you wish. We are very proud of the products and services in which we offer at Yell and also the way in which our call centres have adapted so well given the new working from home environment we are all having to deal with.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work for

28 Jul 2014 - Account Manager in Birmingham, Tippecanoe, IN, Optional[IN]
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited earnings opportunity. Territory management is like running your own business.

Cons

Targets can be tough to hit. Particular focus on different products, focus shifts. Lots of admin work

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Inconsistent management

24 Mar 2013 - Sales Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent opportunity to make money even if you do not have much experience in sales. The training is good and the resources available are enough to give anyone a chance at success.

Cons

Extensive travel keeps you on the road quite a bit. The changes in the industry make it difficult to sell their core product, print advertising. The negative stigma in the market place of the company makes it difficult to overcome when calling on clients. The charge back system is unfair because it makes you not only a salesperson but get involved in collections as well which hurts relationships.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Yell.