1. "Really enjoy working for Yell"

4.0
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Cardiff, Wales, Wales

I have been working at Yell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great to work from home, manager is great as are team mates. Incentives are good as is pay.

Cons

Targets are high and ever increasing, they don’t adjust monthly target if you have Holidays. If you have had time off, you’re still expected to hit the full time target. Can be encouraged to work when off on holiday. Almost feel bad taking holiday to be with kids knowing it will be a struggle to get to my target ... that’s not good at all. Lead volumes last month have been very low and poor quality making it hard to hit target.

Continue reading

Yell Response

April 29, 2021Head of Recruitment

Thanks for leaving us a review we appreciate your feedback. Really pleased you are enjoying the flexibility of working from home and also enjoy the culture. We take our employees well being very seriously at Yell and you should not feel bad for taking holiday. If you wish to discuss further with us please do contact us at recruitment@yell.com or alternatively we advise you speak to your line manager about this matter.

1. "Great company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Birmingham, Tippecanoe, IN, Optional[IN]

I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Unlimited earnings opportunity. Territory management is like running your own business.

Cons

Targets can be tough to hit. Particular focus on different products, focus shifts. Lots of admin work

2. "Inconsistent management"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Yell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent opportunity to make money even if you do not have much experience in sales. The training is good and the resources available are enough to give anyone a chance at success.

Cons

Extensive travel keeps you on the road quite a bit. The changes in the industry make it difficult to sell their core product, print advertising. The negative stigma in the market place of the company makes it difficult to overcome when calling on clients. The charge back system is unfair because it makes you not only a salesperson but get involved in collections as well which hurts relationships.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Yell.