Employee Review

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don't trust them

Apr 9, 2021 - English Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only good side of this job were the kids I was teaching

Cons

I decided to give them a chance despite all the bad reviews they have. It was clearly stated in most reviews that they don't pay teachers fully. So, first of all, they lied to me about the fact that you can choose your hours ( when I asked them why i can't choose it, they said it was recent change they implemented , teachers can't choose their hours). Then, they expected from me to work 7 days a week until I told them I don't want to work 7 days a week and that they need to put that into the contract. So, I did for a month loads of classes, like it would go 10 in a row in a day (they fill the schedule out). And bare in mind I worked with kids, so I had to be energetic the whole time. When end of the month was near, there was no money coming..so I worked more and then I got my money, but obviously I didn't get the right amount. I told them that I'm quitting straight away. When I told them I'm quitting I got contacted that there we again some changes in company policies.. That's a bad sign right after the first month. So, I don't recommend it at all. Not worth it.

8 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Great company to work with

Oct 24, 2021 - Online English Teacher in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to teach students, nice staff to work with. pay well

Cons

too many students and hours, sometimes a bit tiring

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee

OK

Apr 29, 2022 - English Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

all right for the given role

Cons

not enough hours to teach

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about YiYi English.