adidas - Sales Assistant - Great company to work for | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
  • "Good Work-Life Balance (Flexible Time)" (in 109 reviews)

• "Good work environment where you could connect with others of all types of race and ethnicity" (in 137 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance in some departments" (in 23 reviews)

• "HR has to do a better job of communicating about full time opportunities" (in 31 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Sales Assistant - Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England
Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England

I worked at adidas (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for adidas at their store in Westfield, White City, for nearly 2 years.
Absolutely loved working there - we had such a great team.
Great benefits and incentives. (When I was working there).
Good pay for a retail sales assistant at the time.

Cons

There seemed to be a few issues with management at the time I was there - none of them seemed to stick around.

Changed the rules for uniform just before I left - we all used to be unique and individual in what we wore to work, which is what (at the time I was working there) the brand had as one of their core values. But just before I left they decided to be more strict with the uniform policy and now when I have been into stores all the staff seem to be wearing the same thing - bit boring, customers like to see staff wearing the clothes - it definitely helps to make sales!

Advice to Management

It was a shame, as we had such a strong team, where the majority of us got on so well and were friends. But management were not always great, and did not always bring the best out in us all as a team.
Maybe more management training is required for your retail stores - One manager in particular when I was there was very rude, condescending and personal with me. I left as the job became quite far for me to travel to what with university commitments, and then found out this particular manager had also left not long after me. He was only there for a short while.

Let employees choose their uniform again and relax with the rules - I made many sales when I worked at adidas due to wearing the clothes (originals some days, and performance other days). If your staff are comfortable and like what they wear, it reflects in your sales.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Adidas"

Pros

good working environment, good people to work with

Cons

poor pay, could of being better

2. "Sales assistant footwear"

Former Employee - Medical Student
    Former Employee - Medical Student

I worked at adidas part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great uniform, free products. Meet lots of famous sponsored athletes,

Cons

Poor management, poor rewards for extra effort and initiative

Advice to Management

manage and motivate and support your staf

Discover more reviews about adidas.